Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Thinking about moving mirrors onto handlebars.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about moving mirrors onto handlebars.

Im thinking about repainting my 1990 600 in the fall and I was wondering if anyone has mounted their mirrors on the handle bars or if it is even possible. I know there isnt much room on the bars but I was thinking about welding plastic over the cut outs for the mirrors on the fairings for a cleaner look. Thanks.

I used bar end mirrors on my pre 600 and love 'em. way better than stock location. havent done anything to cover stock mounts yet. will do it this winter when the teardown and chopper build get going.
    thebar end mirrors just clamp right onto end of bars. and are far enough past your arms you can see what behind you, other then your elbows and shoulders.

Comment

I thought about the bar end mirrors but I dont really like the look of them. Im also trying to keep the mirrors closer to the bike because my kids have smacked into the stock ones more than a few time when I park in the driveway.
      I ordered some universal mirror mounts and a set of mirrors. Looks like I may have to weld the mount on the left side of the bar, the right looks like it will mount ok, but thers not much room on either side. Ill post some pics if im able to get them on. Then Ill start working on the fairings.

Comment

I have bar ends as well..... they are ok, but not anywhere near as clear a view as the stockers, and it's kind of unnatural to have to look DOWN to look in the mirrors. They work fine for me, though.....
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

yeah, i have mine mounted high on ends of bars. towards the top side. I just looked at a new Sportster last night at bike night. and the mirors were on stalks, hangin under the grips. I didnt bother toget on it to see how it was. cant imagine you can see the mirrors with your hands on the grips.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
            I have bar ends as well..... they are ok, but not anywhere near as clear a view as the stockers, and it's kind of unnatural to have to look DOWN to look in the mirrors. They work fine for me, though.....
            Interesting. I Like mine better because they dont vibrate as much as the stock mirrors, so I can see more clearly. It does suck to look down though.

If you get them, make sure they arent the convex ones, they make everything look much farther away than they are.
            Originally posted by arsenic
            93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

that is one thing i have to say is a plus. I get no vibes in them at any speed/rpms.
              which is odd cause i do have some in the bars at certain times.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
                Interesting. I Like mine better because they dont vibrate as much as the stock mirrors, so I can see more clearly. It does suck to look down though.

If you get them, make sure they arent the convex ones, they make everything look much farther away than they are.
                They don't vibrate, but they are much smaller and, yes, convex...... they work well enough for me to know if a car is in the way of me changing lanes or if somebody is coming up behind me, but I can't recognize the difference between a Sheriff car and any other dark colored car from more than 100 yards away (that's pretty much my test for mirrors..... cop recognition ).
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
                X