X

Make my own plastic?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make my own plastic?

I read Hardlydangrous thread about how to repair the fairings i was just wondering i seen somewhere if you u take bits and chunks of abs plastic and set them in a can with acetone it'll turn into abs liquid the next day drain the acetone and quickly spread it on what you need to fix, does this sound right? I never did anything like this before and i plan on fixing a few broken tabs and i have plenty of acetone in the garage and a spare broken fairing i can chop up.

You mean this? http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...52#post1828652

(I had that post saved on my computer for future reference )

Comment

Thanks thats what i needed to know i mention it to acouple people and they thought i was crazy

Comment

Originally posted by muddyman184 View Post
        I read Hardlydangrous thread about how to repair the fairings i was just wondering i seen somewhere if you u take bits and chunks of abs plastic and set them in a can with acetone it'll turn into abs liquid the next day drain the acetone and quickly spread it on what you need to fix, does this sound right? I never did anything like this before and i plan on fixing a few broken tabs and i have plenty of acetone in the garage and a spare broken fairing i can chop up.
        Yes, it will work... but you can't just "drain" the acetone... btw, it makes ABS cement. A 16oz can of which can be purchased for less than $5... and hella lot easier than chopping up abs plastic pieces...

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Off topic: You can make bouncey balls by filling a styrofom cup with acetone.
          Originally posted by arsenic
          93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Working...
          X