X

My pre kat is a nudist

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My pre kat is a nudist

Ok so my right side fairing had a crack in it up by the mirror. Well I was going to work yesterday and apparently it spread completely through the fairing. It flew off the bike and luckily it landed in the grass on the side of the road and no one was behind me so I dodged a bullet there. I am just glad no one was around to possibly get hit by it. Damn nudist kats wanting to be naked.

I think that's a first...

Comment

Whats a first. I thought it would be ok but one bolt location snapped off the fairing and the others pulled through the grommets. It surprised me.

Comment

yikes! lucky you didnt lose anything else
        Originally posted by Slofuze:
        Some people simply talk sh*t because they don't know what they're talking about. Unfortunately, they reproduce.....and why we have sh*t all around us.

Comment

Not a first... someone else posted about loosing a fairing in a similiar way.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

yeah I got really lucky, I am just glad it pulled off as clean as it did. If it would have held on for a minute it could have caused some problems. So now the bike is half naked.

Comment

The most important question I have is what year/size Kat ?
              We can't find part's for a "pre-Kat" if we have no info.
              Most likely someone has the parts you need (unless it's an 1100 the you might be f@cked) . let us know ....
              Scotty Doesn't Know ...Scotty Doesn't Know.. Don't Tell Scotty

Comment

ok well I wasn't really posting to try and get parts but I will give that a shot. Its an 88 600.

Comment

Lol, I lost my right lower on the highway that same way. All of a sudden something smacked my right foot and I see it tumbling down the road in my mirror
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

It really was a good idea for the fairings to separate ride at the rider's leg. If it were further back it could have caused a real problem. Who knows what would have happened. But now I get to scour the web for some used fairings.

Comment

Working...
                    X