Krylon clearvoat..?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krylon clearvoat..?

clearcoat**** for some reason iPhone changes "clearcoat" to "clearvoat"

Anyone have a good review on this? I used rustoleum primer, krylon fusion, krylon clear.

On my last coat of fusion the paint was shining pretty well. I started my clear and it seemed to get duller and duller with each coat. I stopped at 3. A few hrs worth of work gone to waste
    Last edited by cmurdah; 06-12-2010, 09:12 PM. Reason: Damn iPhone and it's autocorrect
    Originally posted by Slofuze:
    Some people simply talk sh*t because they don't know what they're talking about. Unfortunately, they reproduce.....and why we have sh*t all around us.

I'd go with automotive paint. I thought Krylon was for plastic patio furniture...
    '03 600 Kat
    '00 Ninja 500R - *sold*

Comment

I just picked that cuz I liked that shade of yellow... The paint seems to be fine. The clear coat doesn't
      Originally posted by Slofuze:
      Some people simply talk sh*t because they don't know what they're talking about. Unfortunately, they reproduce.....and why we have sh*t all around us.

Comment

have you tried polishing it?
        Do you know why Santa is so jolly.... Because he knows where all the naughty girls live..

Comment

Wet sand it with 1000-1500 grit then with a buffer and some good polish you should restore your shine.
          sigpic

Admin Removed Sig Due to Words. Do not Go Around the Swear Filter. Thank you KR MGMT

Haha.....

Comment

I never used Krylon clear, but I'm pretty sure HardleyDangerous has. You might want to ask him.

When I painted the tank on the Kat, the clear was unbelievably cloudy/milky until it started to dry, and then it cleared up nicely. That was with Duplicolor wheel coating clear.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Duplicolor

Is the wheel stuff different than the standard clearcoat?

Comment

Painted my sons minibike with Krylon.

First time gas hit it, Poof!

Comment

Tried Krylon clear ....
                  Switched real fast to Spraymax 2K Clear 2 part in a can, which is gas resistant.
                  Worked like a charm ~

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

Originally posted by jbo197 View Post
                    Tried Krylon clear ....
                    Switched real fast to Spraymax 2K Clear 2 part in a can, which is gas resistant.
                    Worked like a charm ~
                    +1
                    I used different canned clear. You're best to use the Spraymax.

Comment

FYI...Krylon sucks bigtime. the clearcoat always seems to come out like water would look in a glass that just had milk in it. if you want to scrap a lot of hard work, just go buy a can of krylon clear, I say.

Originally posted by unit44justin View Post
                      have you tried polishing it?
                      you can polish krylon until it rains frogs, and it still won't come out shiny. plus it just isn't durable enough to polish.

someone need to make "DON'T USE KRYLON" thread and sticky it.
                      Last edited by Mojoe; 06-26-2010, 11:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by EODA View Post
                        Is the wheel stuff different than the standard clearcoat?
                        Not markedly, I don't think. It just happened to be an enamel clear that I knew was relatively tough (tough for an enamel). After wetsanding and polishing it ends up looking pretty f'n good.

This is Duplicolor graphite wheel coating, followed by Duplicolor Metalcast red and wheel coating clear. Wet sanded, polished, and waxed.

Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Is that an XJ750 Maxim? Looks nice! Was all that with Krylon?

Comment

I had the same issue with the krylon clear...had to redo the paint job. Dont use it

Comment

Originally posted by EODA View Post
                              Is that an XJ750 Maxim? Looks nice! Was all that with Krylon?
                              It was an XJ650...... sorry if my description was a little brief, but it was all done with Duplicolor. Wheel coating for a base, Metalcast for color, and Wheel coating clear.

Comment

Working...
                              X