X

What To Do?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What To Do?

So ive ordered all the parts i need to put the front end on my bike.
    Gauges, headlights, turn signals, brackets, fender, fairings ect..
    When i bought the bike all was missing. Im trying to decide if i should
    put it all on myself or take it to the bike shop and let them put everything
    on. Im pretty sure i can do it all myself but i dont have any of the bolts, nuts, screws, washers, clips ect..

Would i be better off trying to find each nut, bolt, screw and whatnot or just taking it in, letting them deal with finding everything to put it together and paying them $80 a hour to do it?

Originally posted by kitkatman View Post
    So ive ordered all the parts i need to put the front end on my bike.
    Gauges, headlights, turn signals, brackets, fender, fairings ect..
    When i bought the bike all was missing. Im trying to decide if i should
    put it all on myself or take it to the bike shop and let them put everything
    on. Im pretty sure i can do it all myself but i dont have any of the bolts, nuts, screws, washers, clips ect..

Would i be better off trying to find each nut, bolt, screw and whatnot or just taking it in, letting them deal with finding everything to put it together and paying them $80 a hour to do it?
    Hrm... $20 vs $800 +....

I guess that depends on how much disposable income you have.

Krey...
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

you could always reference the fiche on Ronayers.com for guidance if need be

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Id temperally put it together to make sure everything matches up and then order all the bolts, washers etc. If you do it yourself then you will know how to take it apart if you need to work on it yourself.

Comment

Watch ebay for a "Bolt set" from another copy of your bike, or one similar. I see them often. A guy parts out a bike, and has all the bolts left over, so he thinks, "Hey, maybe somebody would pay a few bucks..."
          "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Do it your own man. Some of the bolts you can get from a hardware store. I bought my mirror bolts from there for probably less than 50 cents each. The faiing bolts you should probably find a set for. The "matching" fairings bolts from the hardware store had too small of a head on them and slipped right through the fairings.

As for the rear turn signals, PO cut thick plastic into brackets that work pretty good. They flop a little bit but they work

Doin it yourself will be a great learning experience
            Last edited by cmurdah; 06-08-2010, 09:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            Originally posted by Slofuze:
            Some people simply talk sh*t because they don't know what they're talking about. Unfortunately, they reproduce.....and why we have sh*t all around us.

Comment

I have seen the fairing bolt kits on ebay but im a little skeptical about buying bolts from someone parting out a bike, you dont know if they lost a bolt here and a screw there. Id be ok with buying the fairing bolt kit but idk what to do about the rest i need. Do they sell bolt kits for mirrors, brackets, headlights, turn signals, instrument panels or do i have to find and buy everything bolt by bolt, screw by screw and washer by washer? Doesnt seem like a very easy task.

Comment

Working...
              X