X

Remoing fiberglass resin from seat... :(

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remoing fiberglass resin from seat... :(

I just noticed that whe I attempted that solo cowl, I guess there was still a wet part when I put it on the seat for the first time, there is a small spot of cured resin on my seat. Any safe way to remove this without damaging the seat?
    2002 GSXF Katana 600- Sold
    2004 GSXR 600

not that I have found. I did the same thing when I made a couple cowls.

I got just a bit on the very back of the seat, and it is there to this day
    It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

your seat now has....'character'

Mine, and apparently Marc's as well, has had it for quite awhile....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

no way to get it off?
        2002 GSXF Katana 600- Sold
        2004 GSXR 600

Comment

Sure there is... turn the key in the seat lock, remove seat, replace seat. Sorry yur stuck dude.

Comment

I have jeans that got resin on them, and after a while it cracks and splits like hard plastic. I'm afraid once resin has dried on upholstery, it's done for. Sorry.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

take off the cover, recover it, and burn old cover with fire for special effect!
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

yeah ive dealt with polyester resin on boats and car audio and that stuff is going nowhere. you could have removed it with acetone before it had hardened but I doubt you can do much with it now.
                2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Yea its kind of a done deal once it has cured

Comment

Working...
                  X