X

Repair/ Paint OR Streetfighter???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repair/ Paint OR Streetfighter???

So, as many of you know, I wreck my Kat back in March. I have decent gouges on my main right fairing. I am starting to really like certain street fighter looks and I am torn on what to do. Should I repair my plastic and repaint or lose all the plastic and make it a street fighter? Looking for all opinions/ pics, and ideas please! Thanks guys....and gals
    Last edited by ct3; 06-06-2010, 10:35 PM. Reason: I'm crazy
    sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

im just not a fan of streetfighter style at all...i have seen some stellar streetfighters, but 90% of them look horrid to me.

its all preference though, and how much work you are willing to put into it
    Originally posted by Slofuze:
    Some people simply talk sh*t because they don't know what they're talking about. Unfortunately, they reproduce.....and why we have sh*t all around us.

Comment

Streetfighter would be your cheaper route, but the bike rides so much more smooth, with fairings on it. You don't realize how much they cut out the wind until they aren't there. I love the looks of certain streetfighters, but I would recommend you just fix what you already have. It will help if you ever decide to sell it also. The next person down the road may not like streetfighter style.

Comment

If you steetfighter it, for the love of god do not take the backseat off it....

Comment

Originally posted by phroziac View Post
          If you steetfighter it, for the love of god do not take the backseat off it....
          Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie Monarch View Post
            Agreed
            I always wondered what those bikes would look like if they put a nice back fender on like some custom single seat choppers have..

Comment

If you really and truly streetfighter it, I'd be prepared to spend a lot more time and money on it than you would just repairing the fairings and putting it back to normal. If you fighter it, then do it because you REALLY want it fightered, not because you think it's easy..... because to make it look right, it will take a LLLOOOOTTTTT of work. The wiring looks bad when it's exposed, the tank is ugly without the fairings, the battery box and all those relays and switches need to be cleaned up.... I didn't do it (yet) but all the extra brackets on the frame should really be ground off and smoothed out. And then when you're all done with it, it will probably be worth less than it would have been had you just fixed the fairings and put it back together.

Like I said, do it if it's what you REALLY want. Otherwise, just fix the fairings.
              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Chop the fairings like I did.
                Katie - 91 Kat 600, 98 Bandit 600 engine, Ivan Jet Kit, Ignition Advancer, Gsxr 750 header, Delkevic slip on, Veypor computer.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                  If you really and truly streetfighter it, I'd be prepared to spend a lot more time and money on it than you would just repairing the fairings and putting it back to normal. If you fighter it, then do it because you REALLY want it fightered, not because you think it's easy..... because to make it look right, it will take a LLLOOOOTTTTT of work. The wiring looks bad when it's exposed, the tank is ugly without the fairings, the battery box and all those relays and switches need to be cleaned up.... I didn't do it (yet) but all the extra brackets on the frame should really be ground off and smoothed out. And then when you're all done with it, it will probably be worth less than it would have been had you just fixed the fairings and put it back together.

Like I said, do it if it's what you REALLY want. Otherwise, just fix the fairings.
                  I agree, I'd love to fighter a bike but mine just looks and rides so nice with the fairings.

Honestly every time i buy a vehicle or put any money at all into one i have, i write it off 100%. I know i wont get what i have into my car if i sold it, i might on my bike because i havent put much into it yet, you know....

Originally posted by Ilovemyvtx View Post
                  Chop the fairings like I did.
                  If i fightered a bike i'd leave about the top 1/4 of the tail fairing on because i like the look....

Comment

I love some bikes as fighters but not kats imo,,,,i take that back ive seen a few nice fighters on here but im sure it was no cheap feat
                    2000 suzuki katana gsx600f

1997 yamaha yzf-1000

2002 honda recon 250es

Comment

well thanks for the input fellas.....think I'm gonna just go with the fix and that way I have a reason this winter to paint my kat a new color
                      sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

Working...
                      X