X

Color opinions..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color opinions..

Let me start off by saying I love craigslist! I found a guy giving away a weight machine w/ weights..it came with a squat attachment, butterfly attach, bench press, leg/arm curls, and the thing on the chain where you sit down and pull it to you.. Not sure the name lol. Not a spot of rust on it, he said he pai 800 about 10 years ago and he got a bowflex so givin that away. Oh and about 200lbs worth of weights.

ANYWAY, I drove to pick it all up about 30 miles away, come to find out he runs a pain shop and specializes in motorcycles. We hit it off really well, bs'd with each other for about an hour. I told him all about my kat and how po dropped it a few times. Told him about how I tore it down in novemer and sanded everything, but wasn't pleased with my rattle can job. He ends up saying "look man just buy the paint and bring it up next weekend and we will have that thing ready for the show." I askedhim how much and he just said buy the paint.

ATM, I'm yellow and like it that way. Anyone got some sweet ideas to throw out? I know it's all about preference, so I'm just looking for ideas.

My second question, I'm not gonna let him paint it forfree but I'm very strappe for cash. Would 100 bucks be a laughable offer? He said free but I feel like I owe him somethin..I mean a paintjob AND a weigh machine e could easily have sold for 200 bucks.

Thanks!

Wow all the typos. He runs a paint shop not a pain shop lol. Stupid phone and it's tiny keyboard.
    Last edited by cmurdah; 06-02-2010, 08:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Originally posted by Slofuze:
    Some people simply talk sh*t because they don't know what they're talking about. Unfortunately, they reproduce.....and why we have sh*t all around us.

well...black IS the fastest color....but red looks darn good with all those curves

Comment

Wow what luck man...weight machine, weights, paint job...holy crap...It is all about preference.

I have always liked the yellow and black color combo and said that if I ever got a bike that is what I would do, but since having the blue and white kat, I can't think of having anything different

So I guess I like blue and white, but you might want to go with something more original, hit up the paint shop and do some sampling.

Comment

If you like yellow, why don't you buy a nice metallic yellow and clear and get it done similar but a better quality job?

Comment

I told him originally that I just wanted it resprayed yellow. He said "aww cmon man that's too plain you gotta get some flames or somethin on there"

I'm a fan of burnt orange but idk if I'd like it for very long. I painted a yellow lip on my rims but if I stray from yellow il have to change the rims as well..that really not a big deal though. I just don't know...I'm thinking way too hard about this lol.

Anyone have a suggestion on a tip? I've seen his work and he does very good work.
          Some people simply talk sh*t because they don't know what they're talking about. Unfortunately, they reproduce.....and why we have sh*t all around us.

Comment

Originally posted by cmurdah View Post
            I told him originally that I just wanted it resprayed yellow. He said "aww cmon man that's too plain you gotta get some flames or somethin on there"

I'm a fan of burnt orange but idk if I'd like it for very long. I painted a yellow lip on my rims but if I stray from yellow il have to change the rims as well..that really not a big deal though. I just don't know...I'm thinking way too hard about this lol.

Anyone have a suggestion on a tip? I've seen his work and he does very good work.

Step 1.

Price Paint!!!

Step 2.

Look at show bikes/cars to get ideas and color options. Narrow it down to 3-5 options you really like that you can get in the paint type/combo you can afford.

Then... we can do something other than yell out primary colors to you.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

that yellow paint job looks really good to me for a rattle can job!
              sigpic
              If everyone rode motorcycles there wouldn't be so many idiot drivers

Comment

Find a local tattoo shop, ask if any of the artists do automotive paint. Get one of them to quote you for a custom paint job. Many tattoo artist expand their art to the automotive world and you could end up with a wicked awesome paint job custom to your tastes. I plan to let my tattoo artist do mine up this winter.
                sigpic

Signature was getting too long, check my garage for list of mods.

Comment

Originally posted by beachflyer View Post
                  that yellow paint job looks really good to me for a rattle can job!

Thanks beach..but that was the factory job. Pictur It with no decals and and a very dull looking yellow lol.

The painter gave me a shop to go to and I beleive he said a quart runs about 40 bucks but I haven't looked into it yet

Comment

I was gonna order some things off paintwithpearl.com a guy at the local car meets painted his impala pearl blue looks amazing for under $150 and the clear coat is what cost the most because he bought it from some where else. just an idea

Comment

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
                      well...black IS the fastest color....but red looks darn good with all those curves
                      +1
                      sigpic
                      Pepe Bouchard

Comment

I am a big fan of the yellow black combo, and it would look nice with the already painted rims (i think you said before the rims had some yellow?) you could spice it up a little and be creative but I like the look of the bike now.

Comment

Working...
                        X