X

Trying to Tint my Windscreen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to Tint my Windscreen

Title pretty much says it...I'm trying to tint my clear pre windscreen but I'm not sure what to use. I was thinking something like VHT Nightshades (for taillights and turn signals) should work out ok? Any other ideas?

Thanks

Seen many spray paint their windscreens or buy one already tinted...The thing to remember is that the windscreen both sides is open to the elements so even if you spray it on the inside it will still be open to the elements. Is the stuff you are talking about, VHT Nightshades, applied to the inside or outside of the tailights/turn signals? If it's the outside then it's probably made for outside protection from the elements.
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

i have heard of people just painting them, probably easier, good luck though

Comment

I tried the VHT Nightshades on my windscreen...disaster. I'm not much of a painter, but it is very difficult to put evenly enough to look good. I had good luck with my turn signals, but finally gave up and and bought a tinted windscreen
        sigpic
        Pepe Bouchard

Comment

I tried regular window tint and it was a disaster... there are way to many contours to get all the creases out. I got a tinted one of ebay for $50.
          Originally posted by arsenic
          93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Best thing to do if you want to see through the screen is buy a tinted one. Other wise paint the inside of the screen whatever color you want and then spray a clear over it. Looks great from the front.
            Warning!! Will ride at anytime for no reason.

Comment

I got a tinted, new windscreen for $30 shipped from some company out of Florida.

Here ya go...http://www.pit-eck.com/view-product/429
              Katie - 91 Kat 600, 98 Bandit 600 engine, Ivan Jet Kit, Ignition Advancer, Gsxr 750 header, Delkevic slip on, Veypor computer.

Comment

I tried the niteshades and it didn't work well. Ended up painting and clearcoating with rattle cans. If you want to see through it you will have to buy a tinted one. $10 bucks or so should get the 2 rattle cans. Good Luck.

Comment

thanks for all the help guys, this prevented me from making a big mistake with the nightshades. appreciate it.

Comment

Windscreen is soooo small on a pre, just paint what you got and save your money for a ZG dark smoke... factory second have minor imprefections, but you'll never notice (least I didn't).
                    "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Originally posted by VifferJim View Post
                      Windscreen is soooo small on a pre, just paint what you got and save your money for a ZG dark smoke... factory second have minor imprefections, but you'll never notice (least I didn't).
                      Thanks VifferJim wheres the best place to find such a screen?

Comment

I painted mine on the inside, looks great... I tried tint- pain in the ___ !!!

Comment

Working...
                        X