New Kat, advice?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kat, advice?

Hey all

picture of the new kat, just bought it the other day. really happy because its my first bike.

just wondering what you all think? should i order some decals? what colors would you guys suggest? any other ideas?

Thanks

oh and i should probably mention im chopping the fender this weekend and possibly integrating the rear turn signals. im also ordering a new wind screen and smoking it and i have new mirrors coming tomorrow via ups.
    Last edited by chrislen32; 05-25-2010, 06:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Very nice looking bike.

You might find that people are willing to pay for an untouched fender. Pre cut ones are pretty easy to find used.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

thanks krey...so you think i should leave it bare? there are a few scuffs and marks that you cant see in the picture but i love this bike like i would love my future child haha.

Comment

never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by chrislen32 View Post
          thanks krey...so you think i should leave it bare? there are a few scuffs and marks that you cant see in the picture but i love this bike like i would love my future child haha.

I'm just suggesting you check into swapping the under fender instead of cutting yours. I've been contacted several times by people looking for one un-cut...

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

In my humble opinion, you should enjoy riding it first, then think about what you'd change, if anything. It's nice out, ride that thing!
            What used to scare me is now only mildly interesting

Comment

Originally posted by fsand03 View Post
              In my humble opinion, you should enjoy riding it first, then think about what you'd change, if anything. It's nice out, ride that thing!
              +1

It's riding season you wouldn't want to have your bike in pieces for mods when you could be riding. Nice looking bike, congrats!
              sigpic

Signature was getting too long, check my garage for list of mods.

Comment

yea you guys are probably right...im focusing too much on what id change and not enjoying the fact that i have a bike that runs great looks sexy and is fun as hell haha.

Comment

nice bike.....but seeing as it is your first one, and the general belief by many riders, including many on here, is that your chances of dropping a first bike are quite high, then I would forget about putting any stickers on it for the moment, for 2 reasons.

1st being that if you scuff it up, your stickers will be trashed, which means money wasted.

2nd, removing said stickers to repaint is a pain in the butt.

So....do as was suggested and just ride. you know...enjoy for a while before worrying too much about what you want to do to it. just get used to it first. :
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

thanks for all the advice! you guys are great at helping newbs out haha this site is great.

Comment

Originally posted by chrislen32 View Post
                      thanks for all the advice! you guys are great at helping newbs out haha this site is great.
                      we are glad to welcome young riders and help them get the most enjoyment while keeping them safe. it's a pay it forward thing.
                      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

nice pre... where in ct? i am in northeast ct... I like them bare myself.. my color scheme is similar to yours.. hope we can ride soon. there are a couple of pre-kats in the ct area so hope one is near you to get a group ride goin!..

oh yeah... if you are new to bikes or just have anything technical to ask... these boys know their stuff. Have fun... and welcome

Comment

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
                          we are glad to welcome young riders and help them get the most enjoyment while keeping them safe. it's a pay it forward thing.
                          thanks very much I'll remember to pay it forward when i get more experienced!

Originally posted by Ciphony View Post
                          nice pre... where in ct? i am in northeast ct... I like them bare myself.. my color scheme is similar to yours.. hope we can ride soon. there are a couple of pre-kats in the ct area so hope one is near you to get a group ride goin!..

oh yeah... if you are new to bikes or just have anything technical to ask... these boys know their stuff. Have fun... and welcome
                          and ciphony im from northeast ct too. Tolland actually. My buddy is in the process of buying a 95 kat same year as mine this weekend. We should all go ride.

Comment

nice looking bike. definitely get some mirrors on it though.

Comment

Originally posted by zcphoto View Post
                              nice looking bike. definitely get some mirrors on it though.
                              Haha yes I just ordered mirrors last week and put em on last night! Much more safe and way better looking. I've got to post an updated picture.

Comment

Working...
                              X