X

Reupholstering My Seat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reupholstering My Seat

Just throwing this out here, because I'm really excited...I reupholstered my seat because the passenger back seat was a little cracked. It came out great and I'm just so pumped I had to tell someone. I know its just something really small...but I'm new to bikes and this is pretty cool for me and rewarding because I did it myself. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow after I finish the other part of the seat.

curious to see pictures as i want to reupholster mine as well what color did you do??

Comment

I just used black vinyl. It came out really good in my opinion. You just gotta dive in and do it. I got the material from a fabric place for 12 bucks and it look my like 45 minutes.

Comment

Comment

I've been thinking about doing this with my bike also. Haven't found a place with vinyl yet though. Did you just stretch the vinyl over the seat yourself and staple it?

Comment

I'm working on the pics haha

and any fabric store should have vinyl for cheap. I stapled one end stretched it in all different directions smoothed it out and stapled it. Much easier if you have another person to work with. Also make sure your staples are short enough so they don't poke through the other side.

Comment

put the material in the dryer for a few minutes and heat it up. makes it easier to work with.
              never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

not a bad idea, thanks kat toy...i have to do the other part of the seat this weekend so ill try that out.

Comment

Working...
                X