R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
    1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
    RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
    3BBB turn signal mirrors,
    Black painted seat and rear trim,
    Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Originally posted by Marksf8 View Post
      You're killing me! I have an '02 and would love the '03 tail. Of course, I want a step by step on the swap, and it would be nice if you came to New Mexico and showed me how...

do it!

Comment

Excellent idea! I struggled with the same thing when I did my lock and key swap.

How did you get around the different in the wiring harness?

Great job though!

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
          Clever. Necessity is the mother of invention.

Did you leave the original lock in place, this way someone tries to jimmy it instead of the real lock?
          what kind of neighborhood do you live in?
          Do The Chicken Dance

Comment

Originally posted by GarrettSkj View Post
            Excellent idea! I struggled with the same thing when I did my lock and key swap.

How did you get around the different in the wiring harness?

Great job though!
            cut and splice with butt connectors

Comment

Originally posted by Idrivetoys View Post
              cut and splice with butt connectors
              Ok, so you did what I did then... just from the photos it looks like it was still just a three wire connector... maybe there was a connector off camera, I missed.
              Last edited by GarrettSkj; 06-05-2010, 07:08 PM. Reason: editing?

Comment

that was before i cut the connector off and spliced, i did the lock first to make sure the wires would not be in the way.

Comment

I dont know why, but it wont let me upload them.
                  Here's a link to my Facebook album, you can find the pics in there.
                  Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

The tail is off a 03 & it's the stock 01 lock cable. Obviously, it's a custom tail, but the mounts & lock ring stayed untouched. All I did was cut some of the stock away to fit the undertail in
                  Attached Files
                  If you think routine maintenance is expensive,... Try Ignorance!

Comment

nice i just did the tail change but i like the new key idea , might go and redo it

Comment

Did you guys use the 2003+ undertail/rear fender?
                      1998 Suzuki Katana 750, GSX750F, black, 13,2XX miles, stage-I jet kit, NGK IX iridium spark plugs, ...
                      1969-1/2 Dodge Super Bee, A12, 440 Six Pack, 4-speed, Dana 60 rear axle, Butterscotch w/black stripe, black interior
                      1974 Plymouth 'Gold' Duster, 225 slant six, automatic, hood scoop, rear spoiler, aluminum wheels ... performance looks set up for daily driving

Comment

all i used was the plastics and tail light, no brackets were needed or anything

Comment

Interesting...
                          1998 Suzuki Katana 750, GSX750F, black, 13,2XX miles, stage-I jet kit, NGK IX iridium spark plugs, ...
                          1969-1/2 Dodge Super Bee, A12, 440 Six Pack, 4-speed, Dana 60 rear axle, Butterscotch w/black stripe, black interior
                          1974 Plymouth 'Gold' Duster, 225 slant six, automatic, hood scoop, rear spoiler, aluminum wheels ... performance looks set up for daily driving

Comment

Working...
                          X