opinion please

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinion please

Hey all,

I just got my new 03+ tail for my 01 600. I'm now trying to figure out how I'm going to paint it. I am doing a two tone for sure to match the rest of my bike. I've put pictures of two different ideas. The first, what has been taped off will be black, and what is white will end up a candy red. The second, what is taped off will be candy red, and what is white will be black. what do you guys think?

this is how my bike looks now, so you have a reference
    Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
    '97 Intruder 1400

If I get a vote, I vote for option 2.
    PS - will the 03 tail bolt directly to the 01? I have an '02 but really like the 03 style better.
    sigpic
    Pepe Bouchard

Comment

I think the majority should be black just like the rest of your bike with a bit of red on the back. I think if you go with the majority red it might throw off the black/red ratio of the rest of the bike. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Hmmmm..... I'd go with option 2 since you don't want red to overtake the black.....and in the red, I'd do a black badge. (take your pick)
        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Marksf8 View Post
          If I get a vote, I vote for option 2.
          PS - will the 03 tail bolt directly to the 01? I have an '02 but really like the 03 style better.
          Yes the tail does bolt directly on. You just need the matching tail light, tail light bracket, and a longer seat lock cable

thanks for all the input guys. I may also look for another pattern
          Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
          '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

I like pattern 1 but the white area black, with red where the tape is.
            THE DOC
            RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
            Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
            mistake when you make it again.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DOCTORNITRO View Post
              i think that would look killer
              1990 kat 600 sigpic

Comment

Yup...... took another look.....definitely.
                sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                ------------------------------------------
                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I agree, pattern 1 with white area black, and red where the tape is.

Comment

I would also concurr with option 1 and the red/black reversed so the taped area is red. Give it a bit more curve to match the other red lines in the bike and it will tie in real nice.
                    -Izzy

"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay on the lawn."
                    -My wife

Comment

Originally posted by BPryz View Post
                      Yes the tail does bolt directly on. You just need the matching tail light, tail light bracket, and a longer seat lock cable

thanks for all the input guys. I may also look for another pattern

I would like to see what other patterns you are thinking about and as of right now i like number 2 because you have a black bike with red accents i dont know if number 1 will throw it off with all red and bottom black just my .02

Comment

I like #2 but your the one who has to live with it

Comment

do this, then clear the whole bike so it shines....flat black is beyond played out bro, sorry....but you did ask for opinions

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

I like option 2
                            Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

I'd go with option two... I think the pattern would match the rest of your bike best. Mostly black with a touch of the red. Good luck!
                              Land of the free because of the brave

Comment

Working...
                              X