No announcement yet.
X

Tire Hugger for a pre-98 750 Kat ?????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Hugger for a pre-98 750 Kat ?????

I know that there as post at one time for installing a tire hugger from another bike to out Kats. I can't find it. If someone remembers where it is, or if there is a tire hugger for a pre-98 Kat please let me know.

Thanks

1995 750 Katana
    Yosh exhaust, K&N Jet Kit, K&N Pod Filters, and Corbin seat

Something about an SV650 hugger fitting with some modification I think , and maybe a Bandit one , too . Maybe that'll help ?
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

SV650 -> you have to cut a spot for the brake arm(green circle) and drill and tap to bolt the bracket on the swing arm(yellow circle)

PAUL
      93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

Tire hugger for pre-98 Kat

I thought it was for the SV-650, but was not sure.

Thanks

1995 750 Katana

Yosh Exhaust, K&N Jet Kit, K&N Pod Filters, and Corbin seat

Comment

I installed an early model Bandit 600 hugger to my 1996 600 Katana... I had to trim a little off the back of the hugger to pass over the chain and brake arm but I was able to use the original bracket and holes to mount it. I did have to tack weld the bracket to the outside of my swingarm. Check out my photo profile to see pictures of the hugger.....8)

Comment

...what model year for the sv650 should i look for?

Comment

Originally posted by emerson7
              ...what model year for the sv650 should i look for?
              I'm guessing any of the newer model SV650. mine was for a 99 SV650.
              PAUL
              93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

SV650 mmm

Now that looks GREAT!.. I'll need to see if I can find me an SV now..Anyone know where I can find one in Australia??
                300 days of sun in a year, 25 degrees celcius average, numerous great riding roads and bikes everywhere! Cairns should be called riders paradise.

Comment

I just got an 89 gixxer 750 reaer hugger, although not installed yet looks as if it should fit

Comment

I was wondering about those..
                    I was looking for a new fender..
                    Let us know if it fits

Comment

got it temp mounted until i finish a few minor details, it is actually a pretty smooth install with the 89 gixxer 750 hugger. since i am only in college and this computer concept is new to me i couldnt upload pics so here is a link

Comment

I looked up the SV 650 tire hugger and it shows that it has a chain guard what did you do with the chain guard did you keep it or did you cut it off

Comment

Working...
                        X