X

Rustoleum engine enamel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rustoleum engine enamel

anyone ever used this on headers, pipes or anything like that? I'm thinking about blacking out my mufflers and all my pipes, this stuff is supposed to be super high heat resistant.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin

Hummm. I remember seeing that the engine paints were "high temp" to 600f, whereas the exhaust header paints were 1500-2000F.

Can't remember which brand I was looking at though.

Comment

Engine paint and High Temp paint are two different animals.

Headers require High Temp ~

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

I've tried header paint with results I was NOT happy with. IMHO gthe coating provided was too thin and 'road stuff' just chipped it and then the whole thing goes south.
        sigpic
        Pepe Bouchard

Comment

I painted the header on the XJ with header paint. They were pretty rusty, so I wire brushed them to death, cleaned them with brake cleaner, and then sprayed. They look good, it hasn't burned off thus far. Only ridden it on the road once, so I can't tell you much about how it resists chips. I wouldn't be upset if it did chip, though. It's easy enough to touch up.
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
          X