X

Rear fender

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear fender

What kind of mods is required to put a different tail on the Kat? Would I have to mod the tail frame of the bike or would I have to mod the actual tail that I were to buy? If anyone knows what might be involved please let me know. I have an 05 750 Kat and was thinking about going with a different tail. Not sure which one yet.

Would depend greatly on what kind of tail you had in mind.... ????

Comment

Originally posted by Newrider2000
      Would depend greatly on what kind of tail you had in mind.... ????
      Would there be a certain tail out there that might be easier than another?

Comment

are you trying to just change the plastics or the taillight seat and all that?

if just the plastic they might be able to be modified to work

if your wanting to change the taillight and seat and all that jazz then your going to need a new subframe
        -Alex

Currently Looking for a pre 98 katana project

Comment

I don't care about anything back there. I just had a thought that since I ruined my rear fender and taillight housing by the wreck that I would see what other people thought or had done about changing the tail completely. I have to buy a new one anyway. If I were to buy a new rear fender painted is $150, So, I thought I would just see if anyone ever did this or had an idea about how to do it.

Comment

What about a busa tail 99-05. They have the same taillight section as the katana 03-04. does anyone know how well this might work?

Comment

Talk to walteri..his tail is definately different

Nearly any other type of tail is going to require some fairly decent modification to make it fit. Or if you ambitious enough, you can create your own

The 03-05 tail is definately, I think it fits the Kat very nicely. But I still like my boob tail light on 2k!

Comment

Working...
              X