X

New Paint Is Finished ( PICS ) Updated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Paint Is Finished ( PICS ) Updated

Ok so a month after i started this project and about 4 brands of paint, resanding and painting 3 different time from scratch. I FINALLY finished her. I started out using colorite.com paint , but i ran out of black and decided just to use rustoleum instead, much cheaper , way better results anyway. After messing up a bunch and having to redo most all the pieces 2-3x each , i finally shot the Colorite Catalyst Clear , very durable stuff. I did not however touch up the yellow scratched on the left side, dad dropped bike in the garage while getting off of it. SO he paid for the paint . I'll live with the little scratches.

Here are the pics, also a pic of my homemade sheetmetal undertail cover. I am polishing the grab bar, and buying some brushed aluminum vinyl for the seat. Vinyl paint doesnt look to good
    Attached Files
    " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Anyjob you do yourself is one you can be proud that you undertook and finished!!

Are you gonna paint the undertail at all ?

Comment

actually the undertail is painted with the metallic rustoleum..i just didnt have any clear left to spray it. Besides im sure road dirt and rocks will mess it up , at least its not an open ugly hole anymore
      " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

Looks good, how did you do the undetail? chop off the old, cut the new to fit then screw or rivet it in?

BTW are you going windscreenless or haven't decided what to use yet?
        Kyle

Comment

i dont have the money for a new one yet..lol old was broke..someone knocked it off the counter and stepped on it..QRRRRGGG.

The undertail is just cut to fit...i bent the rear over tire to allow room...then squeezed it in, and rivited it. simple.

Oh by the way..this if my first REAL paint job attempt.

Comment

Love the way the nose looks with the black on it. Real sharp all around.

Comment

looks great......one question though. I was thinking of doing the same thing as you for my undertail. usually the space is left open or has a curve to it to allow for wheel travel. there is no chance your wheel will rub if you have a passenger or hit a bump?
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I meant to ask this in my first post, how's the caliper paint holding up? and discolouration?
                Kyle

Comment

i bent the rear over tire to allow room.
                  Yep he did

Comment

You might want to consider using a brush-on or spray-on bedliner coating for the undertail -- you can have it in black or yellow, and it'll stand up to the road debris quite well without any need for a clearcoat or other secondary protection... just a thought

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

ya...i thought about it after i sprayed it...but it only cost me $13 to make it. Beside i used a black textured rustoleum paint on it and i didnt like it. So i sprayed the same paint i used on the body, on it. Just no clear.

Woobie - The caliper paint is not discoloring at all. I wish the yellow was alittle lighter to match but oh well.

These pics dont do the paint any justice. When the sun hits it, its very metallic and like a charcoal grey.

Comment

For you 1st time......I'd say ya did great.

Love'n the undertail aswell...Creative,inovative and absolutely unique. There's alot to be said about originality that's for sure...

Great job.
                        it's my opinion......that's what makes it mine..

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

great job you should be proud

Comment

Look'n Nice!
                            Kan-O-Gixxer!
                            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                            -Ohlins Susupension
                            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...