X

anyone make a custom undertail??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone make a custom undertail??

I just painted my bike, pic coming in a day or so, and im pretty good with sheet metal. Im cutting out and bending some sheet metal for an undertail. Since i have just open hole where i cut off old fender . Its fitting pretty nicely so far.

I was just wondering if anyone else has done something similar, and not in fiberglass.
    " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Not me, I just cut that S.O.B. down.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

thats pretty much what the compwerkes kit is... a bracket, and a piece of sheet metal cut to fit the opening after chopping the fender.

if you are good w/ metal, then that sounds like the smart way to go... make your own.
      I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
      http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

That is exactly how CompetitionWerkes start, doing one for his own bike.

Comment

Maybe you should make them, and sell them for cheaper than the Comp. Works

Just a idea
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Does anyone have a pic of what it's supposed to look like....I was looking underneath mine last night and just don't understand how it's supposed to work or look like...I will probably try to construct one out of the diamond plate material I have left over from the kick panel mod...
            Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
            Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

i found this for you, i dont know if this is the right one you are looking for

http://www.pimpbike.com/SUZUKI%20UNDERTAILS/S-KATANA-S-9802%20$99.99.html
              "What curse? You just sucked for 86 years!"

Comment

Working...
              X