98+ wheels and rotors on a pre98???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98+ wheels and rotors on a pre98???

OK, I'm addicted to the track

But I'm on a really tight budget, so I have to work with it. I was thinking on buying some parts to use on my Katana when going to the track (supposedly next trackday will be in 2 months).

Brakes aren't that bad, but could use some SS braded lines. Tires, well, I don't want to use soft compound tires on the streets, so I thought about getting a spare set of wheels/tires. And I was thinking of getting the "rims" of a 98+ katana (including rotors). Would they work with the forks, calipers and chain drive of a pre 98 kat???
    Ich lebe mein Tod, Tag für Tag!

Willkommen zu meiner Welt...

Sure would. You'll need rotors to match though....

Buc
    it's my opinion......that's what makes it mine..

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

I don't understand??? Can I use the 98+ wheel with the 98+ rotors with the stock bars and calipers of the pre 98 Katana? What about the rear, can I also use teh 98+ wheel and rotor??
      Ich lebe mein Tod, Tag für Tag!

Willkommen zu meiner Welt...

Comment

That's what I hear . A few people on here have put the 98+ wheel on their pre98 . It'll fit , but you might need to change a couple other things as well .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I can say that the rear is a direct swap over as long as you use the rim/caliper as a pair like you plan to. I believe the front is as well, but don't quote me on that.

Comment

So do you have to change calipers too?

Comment

Originally posted by RoadRacer61
              So do you have to change calipers too?
              NO...all you need for the rear is the 98+ Rear rim and 98+ rear brake ROTOR. The reason is, the rotor has a different bolt pattern than the pre98s. Otherwise use EVERYTHING from your pre98 (including the cush drive, spacers, and caliper/bracket).

Comment

Is this swap limited to any specific year or years on the 98+..

Example, I have a 94 and want to swap (not that I am going to but, for sake of wanting more info here), any year I can't use on my bike??

Comment

Originally posted by Breeze
                  Is this swap limited to any specific year or years on the 98+..

Example, I have a 94 and want to swap (not that I am going to but, for sake of wanting more info here), any year I can't use on my bike??
                  Nope...

Comment

Working...
                  X