Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

can the licence plate light be to bright?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can the licence plate light be to bright?

alright i came up with some funky idea won't say what it is but just curious if you could get in trouble or pulled over for a light that shines on your licence plate could be TO BRIGHT..

just curious cause if not the well my idea would work and would look pretty sweet actually..

i don't know, you can barely see mine. I also have a switch in-line so i can turn it off and my taillight for those times when I need to quickly disappear into the night.
    I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

hey thats not a bad idea right there actually question is where did you mount your switch?

Comment

Originally posted by skasner
        i don't know, you can barely see mine. I also have a switch in-line so i can turn it off and my taillight for those times when I need to quickly disappear into the night.
        ditto

Comment

well i had an idea of placing my licence plate further back but with like a bright LED/Spot light type shining towards it to where you couldn't see the light for it would be mounted into the tail end but shinning toward the fron tof the bike placed onto the licence plate so the plate would have a glare to it creating a hard to read plate but a light on it.. maybe you might see where im going with this but a switch would also be a good help as well..

Comment

I never installed one after I did the shovel chop. I've had cops behind my bike at night and they never pulled me over for it. I guess it's not a big issue here.

Comment

I don't think it could be too bright as long as it doesn't shine directly into someone else's view behind you -- any bulb your bike could push without draining the battery ought to be within whatever reasonable limits the laws call for...

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by skasner
                I had that on my cbr600. it was already there when i bought the bike, and it came in handy a couple of times.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

and be careful how you place your plate up under your bike. If you dont angle it out alittle bit and you ride 2 up or hit some nasty bumps and your suspension isnt sit correctly, you can end up w/ that plate coming down right on your rear tire.

Ive not heard of a light being too bright though. Atleast not around this area.

Comment

well LED's don't use much power

thanks for the advise wildkat..

like i said im just brain storming while thinking about what all i ccan do to my bike

finally got some fairings off vegita so my bike wont be as naked now..

Comment

Working...
                    X