X

First time taking her apart...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time taking her apart...

Well...I got home 3 hours early from work...went for a ride and then decided "hey I want to take my fairings off". I probably should have read about how to do it before I did, but it was pretty self-explanatory. I have been wanting to install my frame sliders, do a custom fender-eliminator, and remove all the factory decals anyway...so this is a prime time to do so.

Yep... that's how it starts... I guess about next week the full mod fever will kick in...

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

yep then comes the questions on my first valve adjustment thread followed by the carb synch thread lol.

Comment

I know how that is. I started by taking my fairings off one day and it hasn't really stopped since then.
        Q. "What do you think when you see a pretty girl walking down the street" -A. "One side of me says, 'I'd like to talk to her, date her'. The other side of me says , 'I wonder how her head would look on a stick?"

Comment

I have my Sv farings off now the have been off for a few days. I drew where each screw goes and popped em threw a paper plate.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by acraze View Post
            I have my Sv farings off now the have been off for a few days. I drew where each screw goes and popped em threw a paper plate.
            I wish I had done some kind of screw organization like that too...nope I'm an impatient dummy. I just popped them out and put them all in a pile...

Comment

Thats how it all starts. "I just want to see how it comes apart." Then "I can change this and make it better." Then "it would look so cool if this was that way."

LOL let the mods begin, they will never stop.
              sigpic
              2004 hayabusa LE-my ride
              2006 ninja 250-the wifes ride

Riding is not just something you do, its a way of life.

Comment

Originally posted by ajsnow6234 View Post
                I wish I had done some kind of screw organization like that too...nope I'm an impatient dummy. I just popped them out and put them all in a pile...

Well, if you run into a problem, this might help you on putting it back together....

A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
                mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                X