X

Installing a tank bra...Need Help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing a tank bra...Need Help

I just got my tank bra yesterday and went to install it today, but I couldn't get it to fit properly. First off, I felt like I was gonna break the elastic cuz I had to stretch it so far. Secondly, where to you attach the tabs to? When I got it on it was all bunched up at the bottom of the tank (closest to the seat), so I took it off to tackle another day. Any advice, or more detailed pictures? Its the official suzuki tank bra with katana emblem. Thanks
    1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

I have the same one. Don't worry, u wont snap the elastic. I feel the same way everytime I pull mine off to wash the bike. You can fit the side tabs between the fairing and the gas tank, and then tuck them up under.

Mine will occasionally bunch up if I dont have the tabs hooked up under correctly as well. Also make sure that you have the lines of the tank bra, lines up w/ the lines on the tank. The seem that runs down the side of the tank bra should almost line up identically w/ the curve of the tank. I say almost cuz there is alittle bit of play depending on how much you stretch it.

Comment

do it on a really hott day, leave it out in the sun for as long as possible so it gets soft and dont worry bout hte bounching ill go away

Comment

What about the front tab? Does that go between the tank and the tank bracket? If so, then it covers the bolts that settle the tank on the bracket.
        1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

The tabs are bendable, so you can put it either under the brackets for the tank, or loosen the tank bolts and squeeze it up underneath.

Comment

I found the easiest way to install mine nicely was to loosen the bolts at the rear of the tank and lift it up. once it was all fitted nicely, i just bolt the tank back up.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
            X