X

Mold Cowling, necessary...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mold Cowling, necessary...

I just got a custom paint job on my fairings... I no longer have the cowl moldings (that black piece that separates the fairing and the gas tank).

Is it necessary? Do I need to put these back on? Will I get scratches without it?

Thanks in advance.

I took mine off the first time i had my fairings off. Never put them back on, and that was over a year ago. Absolutly no damage to my tank or fairings in that area.

Comment

I wouldnt deem it necessary but I think it makes a big difference cosmetically

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

I like the look without myself. Find it looks cleaner.

Definitely not required.

If you do decide to replace them go to any decent auto shop and buy the door trip instead. Same stuff at a much lower price and it comes in a large array of colors.

Buc
        it's my opinion......that's what makes it mine..

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

Like CHROME.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

i didnt even know there was supposed to be molding in there... i dont have any on mine (bought bike used).
            I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
            http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Originally posted by skasner
              i didnt even know there was supposed to be molding in there... i dont have any on mine (bought bike used).
              same here until i saw a new one and it had the molding there. i've had my bike for almost 3 years now and have never had the molding on it. no damage to tank or fairings in that area at least
              -jason

Welcome to Katriders! Click Here to Register

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

Working...
              X