X

Tank and side panels painted, painting frame, *pics*

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank and side panels painted, painting frame, *pics*

Well, finally decided on a color, and decided no more flat black mad max type bike. I painted the tank and I thought it came out extreamly well.

The color just absolutely ignites under sunlight, the first picture was in the shade and the second two with a little sunlight hitting it.

I am in the process of painting the frame and will have pictures (since I got a new camera) we will see if i want to post pics when I finish painting it graphite to match my wheels but I may go back to black, we will see.

-Tyler

OOOOOOOOOO Pretty Colors. Me like it alot. That is going to look sweet once you get finished with it. Can not wait to see the final product.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Very nice color choice!!!
      -Alex

Currently Looking for a pre 98 katana project

Comment

What brand paint did you use, and what color is that? Looks nice.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Color looks awesome!

Comment

What type of mirrors are those?
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

WOW! can't wait to see the entire bike.
              it's my opinion......that's what makes it mine..

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

Thanks everyone for the comments, glad you guys like it!

Originally posted by SweetLou
                What brand paint did you use, and what color is that? Looks nice.
                What type of mirrors are those
                The color is candy orange. The brand paint is "from the makers of house of kolor" valspar. it is the "Shimrins" line. They come in the same type of three step process as the kameleon ones (also) at walmart. The first can is a very metalic silver. then a translucent 'candy' coat then the clear. The cans are small and expensive (5 for the base and clear, 10 for the candy, used 3 candies, two bases and one clear so far) but look really worth it if you ask me, I havn't seen any canned paint pop and come alive in the sun like this stuff does.

as for the mirrors they are "E-Bay brand chrome cafe racer bar end mirrors" the mirror on them is a lexan type of material, and with the vibrating of the bars it makes it hard to see detail, but they show you if there is a large metal object next to you, which is what counts right ?
                I also didn't use the mounting system they had, I welded a nut inside the handlebars to attach the bolt to, worked much much better.

The clear coat is dryin on the frame right now, the clear paint went on very funky.... it collected like dew on the frame untill you saturated it to the point where it would start to drip. I tried to do this in a controlled process since I had already started and will try to just wetsand the drips down that wern't on an edge (suprisingly most blended in on an edge so you cant tell) I will get a picture when daylight hits tommaro, but has anyone else had this happen to themwhen painting? it was the same duplicolor clear I used on my wheels...

-Tyler

Comment

With 3 candies, 2 bases, and one clear how much did you paint? just the tank or did you get all fo the plastic? I have been looking at that paint for a few weeks but didnt know how it would last and if it woudl be more expensive than its worth..

Comment

the tank and two rear side panels... got a lot priceyer then i thought it would...

Comment

New pics

Okay, took some glamor shots of the bike with the frame painted, tell me what you think about that and the rest of the bike. the exhaust is going to change, not happy with the resonator right off the header.
                      first an older picture for comparison

Comment

nice very nice job i must say and the color is great

Comment

Even tho I'm not a big fan of orange, that's pretty nice! I guess I like orange if it's done right.

Comment

That is the SKOTM...
                            (sickest Kat of the month!!)

That paint is fantasic..
                            Is it me or do you have one too many gauges?!?!?
                            Oh my bad ... Gas gauge...

I think if you had tried the rubber mount for the mirrors you wouldn't have the vibration issue.. I have the same design and no vibration..

Congrats on the paint.. I looks really nice!!!

Comment

Thread resurrection, brought to you by my new interest in Kat streetfighters.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Working...
                              X