Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Which of these works best for doing the Mesh Mod?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of these works best for doing the Mesh Mod?

which of these works best for doing the Mesh Mod?
    Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

The only diffrance I see is one dryes quicker. So I would think they would work about the same. With one drying faster.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

i am in the first stages of doing the mesh mod but differently. i want to do it in a way that will allow me to change the mesh out without tear out the jb weld.. i am closer than when i started

Just need to take the fairing off to do it.. and i will do it when i chop the shovel... I will take pics and write instructions up if it works...
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Thanks Zuki and Z.
        Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

Use the quick. The only differnce between the 2 besides the drying times is how much heat they can take. Using it on the fairings, you won't need the high heat stuff.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Thank you very much Lou.

Comment

I used the second one,and it worked great!

Comment

use a putty that hardens and set some bolts into it so you can take the mesh off if need be.
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                  use a putty that hardens and set some bolts into it so you can take the mesh off if need be.
                  Thats to much work.

I want to just mesh my whoe bike. No more plastics... Just mesh.
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

i'm planning on doing the bolt idea myself... that way if I get sick of it I can take it off and try something else w/o a bunch of grindin and hassle.
                    I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Excuse me for my ignorance but what is a mesh mod ???

Comment

Also called Trick Mesh Ciso, you can see it here:

Comment

Originally posted by Tito750
                          Also called Trick Mesh Ciso, you can see it here:

http://www.justingray.us/Trickmesh.htm
                          Thanks for education, since this is my first Katana I had not even thought about the big vents in the fairing. I like the way the finish product looks.

Comment

No problem Ciso

Comment

JB weld all the way. Ever since Ive put on my mesh mod, even in extreme temps in the summer and winter, its held steadfast thruout!

Comment

Working...
                              X