X

Fairings!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairings!

Had a spill two nights ago. Animal ran out in front of me while I was going 65 MPH. Hit the brakes and didn't know it because it was 12:30am , but there was a few rocks on the road. LUCKILY I was wearing all my gear. Bike slid on the left side cracking open the transmision case, cracked the rear fairing, scuffed the left fairing, and bent the left foot peg.

i rolled about 10 times. I was thinking while I rolled "Am I ever going to stop rolling." Because of the gear I came out with only a sprained left wrist and a descent size gash in my knee, and a sprained thumb. THANKS GOD FOR LEATHER AND HELMETS!!!

Long story short, where is a good place to get these replacement parts. I am not in a hurry. Don't have any money right now. Have to wait for my school loan. Thanks for everyones help. Have fun and Ride safe.

VERY GLAD 2 HEAR YOU ARE OK, AND THAT YOU HAD YOUR LEATHERS ON...I ALSO HAD THAT "UNROLLING SPILL" A WHILE BACK , SO I KNOW WHAT YA MEAN....ITS THE WAY TO FALL, TO PREVENT SERIOUS INJURIES...
    THE PARTS ARE ALWAYS AVAILABLE ON EBAY....OR YOU CAN CONTACT SPECIAL$K$ ...
    GOOD LUCK
    (((((((RIDE HARD OR GO HOME)))))))

Comment

Honda Suzuki Kawasaki Yamaha OEM motorcycle atv and side by side parts with a full line of aftermarket accessories.

Good on ya for wearing gear! Makes you a believer, huh?
      Ron
      MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

So nice to hear you are ok, gear definitely helps. Heal up and get riding again, go aftermarket side covers, like NRC or Vance and Hines covers.
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Hey , gear is good , eh ?
          You wanna fix it , or you wanna replace the broken parts ? :-k I like JB Kwik , duct tape , and wire ties . A mallet might fix that bent peg , JB is GREAT for repairing damaged covers ( I have repairs that have lasted a couple years) , and duct tape/super glue keeps cracked fairings from cracking MORE . May look crappy , but it'll be ridable ! And yes , I AM being serious . See my ride profile if you doubt me ...
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
            Hey , gear is good , eh ?
            You wanna fix it , or you wanna replace the broken parts ? :-k I like JB Kwik , duct tape , and wire ties . A mallet might fix that bent peg , JB is GREAT for repairing damaged covers ( I have repairs that have lasted a couple years) , and duct tape/super glue keeps cracked fairings from cracking MORE . May look crappy , but it'll be ridable ! And yes , I AM being serious . See my ride profile if you doubt me ...
            What is JB Kwik? Is it like glue? The transmision casing is broke. It is like a chunk of it is gone. About 30% of the round casing is missing.

Comment

Ah , well then you might need to shop around for one . Special K can hook you up for sure . JB Kwik (or JB Weld) is basically epoxy for metal . I've used it to repair cracks in engine cases before , and if done right , it'll last a LONG time , if not forever . I carry the stuff with me now . Damage sounds just like my 60 mph crash . I kept the old cover as a reminder . Yeah , that one would be hard to fix . Just PM K .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

What brand gear did you have on? I need to get me some of that?
                Katana 750 2002

Comment

Originally posted by mrock
                  What brand gear did you have on? I need to get me some of that?
                  I simply had a leather jacket from Wilson's leather, pretty heavy. Some cheap riding gloves that had leather on the grips and mesh on the top for those hot days and a KBC VR-1 Helmet. Also, just happened to be wearing my steal toe boots. The last thing that I think saved me was a lot of luck!!

Comment

so basically as far as riding gear goes... you had a helmet.

it's time to invest in some real riding gear.
                    I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Working...
                    X