X

Fender eliminators

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender eliminators

Can anyone post pix of their rides with fender eliminators?

I've found Competition Werkes only so far (best price at Ron Ayers). Any other kits?

Thanks.

You could always just cut the shovel off completely, then just mount the plate. Its free, except for the hardware you need to mount the plate, which is very cheap.

Here is a pic of my bike with the shovel completely choped.

Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Do you have a "before" picture as well?

Oh, and the "shovel" is .....?

Thanks.

Comment

This is what I used.

It only cost $15.00
        the shovel is the long plastic fender that hands down in the back.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred
          This is what I used.

It only cost $15.00
          the shovel is the long plastic fender that hands down in the back.
          I'm not quite sure what "this" refers to. Is it the bracket for the light?

As for the shovel, is there no choice but to cut it? Any way to dismount it, without cutting it?

Comment

ZukiFred,

Did you cut the shovel off?

Comment

I would just suggest cutting the shovel off with a dremmel. You could remove the whole "shovel", however, then you will need an undertail kit, as the shovel goes well underneath the seat, which i'm sure you are aware of. I chopped my shovel with a dremel, which took about two minutes, then used Creese's bracket, which is listed above, and the tail looks great. It's a cheap way to eliminate the fender. If you want to get an undertail, and do it "right" so to speak, then you'll be spending a lot more money, that isn't totally necessary.

Comment

Yes I used a hack saw and cut it off. The only way to remove it is to cut it off.

and the "this" is a bracket that the turn sinals and lisance plate mount to.

This is a before pic of my tail.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by bigdogdeee
                  I would just suggest cutting the shovel off with a dremmel. You could remove the whole "shovel", however, then you will need an undertail kit, as the shovel goes well underneath the seat, which i'm sure you are aware of. I chopped my shovel with a dremel, which took about two minutes, then used Creese's bracket, which is listed above, and the tail looks great. It's a cheap way to eliminate the fender. If you want to get an undertail, and do it "right" so to speak, then you'll be spending a lot more money, that isn't totally necessary.
                  I was thinking of the time (dare I say it) that I'd sell the bike. Some folks like stock bikes, and not cutting the shovel would certainly retain that option. Like you pointed out, though, it becomes more expensive ($80+) to put on a full kit.

Another question: is there any legal issue with the location of the licence plate? Or turn signals like these:

Originally posted by bigdogdeee
                  ......which i'm sure you are aware of.
                  I am now.
                  Thanks

Comment

Sorry, no before pics handy, well, you can kinda see it in my sig, right behind the red helmet I am wearing.

Those blinkers should be fine.

And if you are still not sure, the Shovel is the big mud-flp that hangs down, and the blinkers and plate are attached to that.
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                      Sorry, no before pics handy, well, you can kinda see it in my sig, right behind the red helmet I am wearing.:
                      Got it.

Those blinkers should be fine. :
                      Cool. Thanks.

And if you are still not sure, the Shovel is the big mud-flp that hangs down, and the blinkers and plate are attached to that.
                      Oh, that fugly POS!

Comment

I made my own out of some aluminum angle I bought at Home Depo......

I split the ends with a hack saw and bent the front tabs forward 90°. Bolted on the stock plate holder, the stock indicators on the tabs that I bent, and mounted to the rear via a couple of fender screws, and viola!

Comment

Thazkat made me one some time ago..I still havent gotten around to putting it on though.. Maybe since Im waiting for my new tire, now's the time to finally do it.

Comment

Fender eliminated:

02 TL1000R, 05 Hayabusa, 02 Katana 600.....Sold

Comment

Originally posted by bbqb4racin
                              Fender eliminated:

Are those stock lights in the back?

Comment

Working...
                              X