X

Cutting Fender??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting Fender??

I was looking at some bikes today, and I noticed that some of them didn't have any flush mount blinkers for the rear...but that long ugly plastic piece that sits over the tire was gone. I got a dremmel, is it O.K. to cut most of the fender off...basically leave just enough there to hold on the license plate and the blinkers??
    ~~Punish The Deed, Not the Breed~~

pics.

Comment

Yes a dremmel will work. I used a Hacksaw on mine, But mine is cut further up.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Yep, I used one.

Comment

can i use the stock turn signals, or do i have to get those short stalk ones...eventually i will, but i just got the bike and my girl is already bitchen that i'm moddin it up...at least if i don't spend much money she won't kill my ass...hehe
          ~~Punish The Deed, Not the Breed~~

Comment

I have seen alot of shovel chops where people use the stock turns.

Comment

The first chop I did, I kept the stock blinkers. Recently though, I chopped the whole thing off, and went and bought some flush mounts. Its pretty much to your own personal taste and what you like and want.
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

hack saw for mine

Comment

depending on the year of the bike you can go with what i have and those are the integrated rear turn signals...

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

the dremel is a great tool.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

This may help you decide:

Comment

Can someone post a link to Comp werkes? I really like that kit, looks awsome, Later

Comment

Originally posted by KatGemini1975
                          Can someone post a link to Comp werkes? I really like that kit, looks awsome, Later

Check it out:
                          Premium motorcycle exhausts, fender eliminators, integrated taillights and other accessories.

Comment

The competition works is expensive. Espcially when you consider you can acheive just about the same look for free, or damn cheap if you were to invest in a creese bracket, or make one of your own.
                            Kan-O-Gixxer!
                            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                            -Ohlins Susupension
                            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Its all personal preference. U can chop off enough to just leave the license plate bracket and signals..or chop the whole thing off, and get a creese bracket or make one of ur own for alot less and just bolt it up under the rear to the underside of the storage compartment.

Comment

Working...
                              X