Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Gettin some work done, is this price high?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gettin some work done, is this price high?

So the Kat is in need of some lovin, and I got an unexplained bonus this month so better spend it fast

I talked to a local non-dealer shop about doing some work and these are the prices for the labor+parts for what I want done.

Forkseal $150
    New front tire $170 (Dunlop 208)
    New chain $199 (DID X-Ring)
    Carb sync $60

I have no idea about prices for getting a bike worked on, and unfortunately I don't have the tools to do alot of this, and don't have the time either. So is this decent? I know I can get the parts cheaper online, but again lack of tools and time make that a moot point.

TIA
    2001 Katana 600
    1998 Jeep TJ 4.0
    2005 Subaru Impreza STi

Re: Gettin some work done, is this price high?

Originally posted by ablank
    Forkseal $150
    New front tire $170 (Dunlop 208)
    New chain $199 (DID X-Ring)
    Carb sync $60

Fork Seals, not sure how much they cost, but I don't think they are too expensive, so they must be charging a lot for labor.

New front tire for a Dunlop 208 at Americanmototire.com shows they only charge $80 bucks for that tire.

New Chain, seems kinda spendy, unless it is a high quality chain.

Carb Sybc, literally takes about 5 minutes, maybe 10 if they are way off. Prolly chargind a lot though to remove fairings and what not, so I guess that may be about right.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

I think the only thing I would do for that money is the carb synch. That would probably be worth it if you just dropped it off with all the body work on.
      2002 R1
      Yoshi TRS exhaust, Undertail, Ohlins Steering Stabilizer, Dark Windshield, Frame Sliders.

Comment

I would get other quotes for the same work at more than one shop and you will know if they are trying to rape you or not.

my .02$
        89' Katana 600

Comment

finally got another shop to return my call. The other shop is about $20 cheaper, the parts are less ($108 for the tire) but labor is more.

Thanks for the input everyone
          2001 Katana 600
          1998 Jeep TJ 4.0
          2005 Subaru Impreza STi

Comment

Working...
          X