X

Windshield Experience

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield Experience

I currently have a sportech windshield for my bike and have noticed it does nothing more than look pretty. On the interstate I get pushed around a bit and was wondering if any of the larger air foil windshields would help out much for a 6'4" guy?

On another note, its kind of random, but my helmet whistles.... at higher speeds it will whistle. If I turn my head it goes away, and if I move my left arm it seems to go away...its driving me nuts.

that's all pretty normal. i know zero gravity makes a sport touring windscreen that would probably help you out a lot. it is a lot taller than stock, and shaped a bit different to provide greater wind protection. and the helmet whistling is pretty normal too. i've had 2 helmets so far, a scorpion ex-400, and a kbc vr-1x. they both whistle at high speeds unless i'm really leaned forward almost completely behind my windscreen. i use a zero gravity SR windscreen, so same as stock.
    2004 Katana
    GO OWLS!!!

Comment

So its another norm of motorcycles. Good enough for me, haha.

The whistling does get to me after a few hours though.

Comment

Originally posted by KrAzE View Post
        So its another norm of motorcycles. Good enough for me, haha.

The whistling does get to me after a few hours though.
        Maybe you can figure out how to shift your head and change the pitch, then you could whistle a tune for yourself
        sigpic

Comment

Sounds like somone who was already driven crazy

Comment

Just go faster until the whistle is so high pitched you can't hear it.
            Let's go riding!

Comment

They have taller windscreens and also a company that puts a "lip" on the very top of the windscreen to deflect it up and over the rider.
              Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

I currently have a sportech windshield for my bike and have noticed it does nothing more than look pretty. On the interstate I get pushed around a bit and was wondering if any of the larger air foil windshields would help out much for a 6'4" guy?
                There's already a thread on this subject of larger windshields. Whether or not they will help you will be a trial and error situation.

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=85934

On another note, its kind of random, but my helmet whistles.... at higher speeds it will whistle. If I turn my head it goes away, and if I move my left arm it seems to go away...its driving me nuts.
                You don't mention it but I do hope your wearing ear plugs.

My Scorpion 700 has some whistling noise as well.
                How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

No, im not wearing earplugs, but when I do take the interstate for more than 30 minutes I bring an ipod with earbuds.

Comment

Working...
                  X