X

To bury or not to bury ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To bury or not to bury ?

So should I bury my decals in clear or not? These decals are not coming off unless I repaint the bike down the road, so would it not be better to bury them in the clear coat?
    2000 Katana 600
    2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Why wouldn't you?
    Let's go riding!

Comment

Originally posted by sharpie6 View Post
      Why wouldn't you?
      Because then later on when you get tired of the stickers, you have to go through the clear to get them off.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I would...and I do all the time...keeps the corners from getting caught on microfiber rags and peeling them back, especially on decals with fine points....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Clear the ones you want to stay like the S emblem and not the others. My S outline is painted over and cleared. Looks pretty cool
          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

FARG !! Got my GSXF decals on and hit hem with some clear. First coat they wrinkled up and had me pretty pizzed, but as the coat flashed they laid back down. Only problem I ended up with was that the sharp points on the gold F lifted and are poking up through the clear. Guess I'll be sanding and shooting alittle more clear.
            2000 Katana 600
            2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

That sucks man.. I feel for you. I would say not to clear them. Once they become too worn for you, you can remove them and put on another set. More business for Shifty. Also, if you decide to repaint again for some reason, it will be easier to prep if you don't have to get past the cleared decals. My $0.02
              -2000 "750"

Comment

i guess it depends on the decals and how high they're raised. me personally i wouldn't clear coat them so i can take off at will. my kr decals are raised pretty high so i didn't dare clear coat them, and yep after some wind and wash they're ready to come off

Comment

I had to sand down to get my tank decals off. PITA!
                  Joker
                  The newest addition to the Family!
                  sigpic
                  stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Ya, I don't plan on taking them off until the day comes I repaint the bike for something new and exciting, then sandblasting will take care of the decals.
                    2000 Katana 600
                    2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

oh dude..were they chrome? I should have said something about chrome ones...i've never cleared chrome ones...

You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

As a matter of fact, they were the chrome and gold chrome ones you had made up for me ...... awhile ago. I think all will be good, I was able to shave the clear down under the points with a razor blade and lay them down. A couple of dabs of clear and a good polishing and no one will see it except me.
                        2000 Katana 600
                        2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

good deal

Comment

Working...
                          X