X

Which screws go where...?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which screws go where...?

Hey, I need some help re-assembling my bike, I wasn't the one who dissassembled it so ya...

Here is a list of what I need to install and I need to know which screws go where(I'm almost positive I have all the screws n bolts) Also if pictures are avaliable to show the screws or ya.. I just need help with this.. Thanks

-airbox
    -gastank/seat mount
    -side fairings
    -belly fairing
    -front fairing

Its a 1988 Katana GSX1100F J code.
    I'll try to get photos of what screws I have left and the bike and the parts needing to be installed, I have figured out how it all goes together... so ya just want all the correct bolts in their correct locations to make it nice n clean.

Oh and If anyone can help me out with the proper places to run all the hoses and possibly a little carb help that would be wonderful.
    Last edited by 88GSX1100F; 05-31-2009, 11:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

For the fairings, the little bolts go in the little holes and the big bolts go in the big holes.

For the airbox there should be screws.

For the gastank/seat mount there should be bolts.

Feel free to correct my assumptions, but a bit of trial and error should sort it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Robgsxf750 View Post
      For the fairings, the little bolts go in the little holes and the big bolts go in the big holes.

For the airbox there should be screws.

For the gastank/seat mount there should be bolts.

Feel free to correct my assumptions, but a bit of trial and error should sort it out.

Lol, thanks... I am aware of how and where the screws go... but I do have a pile of like 20 and would love to not end up with the wrong screws in the wrong place or not having random screws everywhere.. Or having a few left over... I"ll have to take a photo of all my bolts and lay them out numbered so you guys can say for example " #1 is for the gas tank" that could work out...
      I just finished installing my alternator, starter, cam chain tensioner, oil line to the block, clutch cover & starter cover... yet I have 1 allen head 25mm screw left over... unless the same type of screws are used for something I havent put on yet, like the tank bracket or something.... help would be much appreciated.

Comment

Well , MOST of the fairing bolts should be about the same . Just a couple slightly longer . Gas tank mounts will likely have some non-thread near the top and a couple spacers/bushings to go with them (if they're like the 600/750) , airbox will likely be 10mm hex heads about 1cm .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
        X