X

Some body work!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some body work!

Well, got all the fairings off.. time to sand!!! Going with the duplicolor mirage paint! I have 2 parts sanded already, and took 2 hours and they were the lower fairing and the small plastic above the headlight. I will probly go ahead and blast some of the more damaged parts, but im only removing the clearcoat and some of the paint since there are like 6 light coats, plus the OEM yellow paint underneath. Ill post before and afters of the progress!!

Just sanded these 2 parts, not done yet.. but almost.

Comparison of the lower fairings.. notice the heavily damaged one I havent touched yet!!

Well have fun with that!!! I don't know jack squat about body work, so it looks like it's going to suck! Maybe it won't though
    "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

lol, ill try! I just need smokes and a case of beer and im good. haha. It's going to be an experience.. im going to try to enjoy it though, because I want it to look good!

Comment

Originally posted by Anthrax85 View Post
        lol, ill try! I just need smokes and a case of beer and im good. haha. It's going to be an experience.. im going to try to enjoy it though, because I want it to look good!
        The case of beer should help. I know it helps when in comes to women's looks! Actually, I "hear" everything looks better with alcohol!
        "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

I think im gonna give up sanding, i think i might try Soda (pressurized water, soap and baking soda) or sand blasting.

Comment

I have a kewl lil corner kat sander. I thru a lil 400 grit on it and made quick work of scuffin up my body parts. took me about 2 hrs to scuff , prime , and wetsand everything.
            Joker
            The newest addition to the Family!
            sigpic
            stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Good luck with the project! Keep the pics coming,... I'm planning to undertake a similar endeavor so Ill be following your progress closely!
              ROCP

Comment

the mirage will look sweet with all those curves..check out my bike im about done

Got a tweaked piece of plastic? Some roughed up paint? Here's the place to get some tips on repairing your Suzuki Katana.

Comment

I couldnt find the mirage paint, so I went with Satin Black =)

Comment

A cheap Black & Decker palm sander makes the job a lot easier than the plain ol' block-and-paper method. To me, the harder part is getting a smooth paint finish through wet sanding polishing. Time consuming.
                    '07 Yamaha FJR1300
                    '05 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                    X