X

dented gas tank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dented gas tank

i have a dented gas tank, im looking for a way to get the dent out or somewhere to get a new tank for my 93 katana.

help please

How bad is it? can you bondo it?
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

There is a body tool out there that is used for fixing just such dents. I'll see if I can google up a picture of it for ya.

Ah HA!!!

We carry the best selection of auto body tools, shop supplies, car paint, & car lifts for any garage. Call today for all your body shop needs!

Last edited by ATOMonkey; 05-21-2009, 07:08 AM.

Comment

thats is scary looking

Comment

Originally posted by DreKat View Post
          thats is scary looking
          Seriously...don't bend over...
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Check the for sale listing on here, eBay, local motorcycle wreckers, etc.
            Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
            Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by ATOMonkey View Post
              There is a body tool out there that is used for fixing just such dents. I'll see if I can google up a picture of it for ya.

Ah HA!!!

We carry the best selection of auto body tools, shop supplies, car paint, & car lifts for any garage. Call today for all your body shop needs!

There are some amazing videos on youtube using something like that.
              -2000 "750"

Comment

wow im with Dewkat that does look scary. ill have to look at it and see how it works. thanks for the advice. ill have to look into bondo as well i have no ieda how it works.

thanks

Comment

The pointy end goes inside the tank, and you hold the flat part on the outside against the dent. Then you squeeze the handle and tap tap taparoo the dent away.

Comment

Would that thing fit inside of a tank? I have seen them used for flat open items like a car fender, but not a tank. How bad is the dent and where is it?

Comment

Check it out:
                      [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjOjYvT0jEU&feature=related"]YouTube - Suzuki Motorcycle Gas Tank Paintless Dent Repair / Removal PDR- San Diego[/ame]
                      -2000 "750"

Comment

That is cool. The lines really do help a lot, but I have a feeling that it is a lot harder than it looks.

Comment

this is the dent
                          Attached Files

Comment

Ouch that is a nasty dent, think you can rule out paintless repair

I'm thinking drill a hole, use a slide hammer, bondo and repaint.
                            2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Originally posted by yngveny View Post
                              Ouch that is a nasty dent, think you can rule out paintless repair

I'm thinking drill a hole, use a slide hammer, bondo and repaint.
                              what is a slide hammer?

Comment

Working...
                              X