I want to change my tail!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by acraze View Post
    Maybe I'm just an arse but that story made me giggle
    Then I'm definatley an arse, because I laughed mine off....

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      Then I'm definatley an arse, because I laughed mine off....
      I wouldn't know whether to laugh or just feel really bad for the guy for thinking it would have worked.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I know what I'd do

Comment

subscribed

Comment

still lookin......

Ive been searching for a few days on here, maybe someone can point me in the right direction or just tell me Im fuggin nutz, but....can i relocate my exhaust under the seat. If so what size can should i buy to fit and what do i ned to rip out of there, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedom86 View Post
              Ive been searching for a few days on here, maybe someone can point me in the right direction or just tell me Im fuggin nutz, but....can i relocate my exhaust under the seat. If so what size can should i buy to fit and what do i ned to rip out of there, etc.
              You would need to do a few things....

Moddify your main frame to provide room for the exhaust to cut up towards the tail between the swingarm mount and the engine, fully redo the entire tail section custom....

OR...

Swap the swingarm out for a single sidded swinger that will allow for you to run the exhaust up between the wheel and swingarm pivot point beside the shock mounting, then fully redo the entire tail section custom....

OR...

Run the pipes out the side from the bottom, swingout around outside and up to clear the swingarm, custom fabbing some exhaust plate protectors so anyone that walks by won't get burned, and then fully redo the entire tail section custom...

The common issue you face for all of those options... the stock 2 person seating vs the clearance for the wheel travel does not allow for enough room. You would have stiffen the rear susupension/raise it significantly (possibly having a negative effect on your handling at that point) or you would need to start almost from scratch on the tail section to keep a 2 person setup...

Or, you could just scrap the sencond person setup and chop your tail.

An undertail exhaust on a Kat is not an easy mod by any means for sure. You would probably find it alot easier to work out an under engine system instead.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

the white kat looks really clean

Comment

yea i like that i wish it was easier people are making it sound so hard i've even seen a r1 layover tail done really didn't look that hard other then tryin to place the seat

Comment

Originally posted by truthurtz42 View Post
                    yea i like that i wish it was easier people are making it sound so hard i've even seen a r1 layover tail done really didn't look that hard other then tryin to place the seat

Yeah, laying another tail section over your subframe rails is the easiest way to do it. Also looks cheap, and THEN you have to figure out what to do with the seat. If you're gonna do it, at least do it right so that it looks nice. Anything worth doing is worth doing well
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                    X