No announcement yet.
X

Sticker is off gunk is on forever HELP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used an organic tar remover that my fiance's father had left from when he was a chemical salesman. It worked like a charm: spray on, soak couple minutes, and then scratch the goo off with fingernails.

Comment

Originally posted by jimwag81 View Post
      Sounds kinda weird, but the rubber lining of the inside of a tennis ball actually works very well. Only problem is that it mars the finish a little bit so it will need to be buffed out. For me it didn't matter b/c I was painting it anyway. But it took the residue off with some good rubbing.
      I'd really like to know how you found that one out.
      Are we riding yet?

Comment

I went to college for Auto Body repair and refinish and 3M sells a gummy wheels that you attach to the front of a drill and u lightly and slowly rub it off with it, the system works awsome and i had to atleast used it on 16-18 customer vehicles sence, doesn't leave a mark if you do it right, and dosn't burn the clean if your carfull, you have to pay attention... and when you get good at it, its a really fast system to use, better then most chemicals sense they can haiz your clear or smear it or even lift or eat it..... try it

Comment

Umm guys mine came off with wd40 and a shop rag...
          99 Katana GSX600F -03 Bandtana GSX1200F- 06 Charger Daytona R/T

The Tallest KAT Rider.. Out there! PERIOD.

Comment

might try goof-off or rub it with the sticker you took off or some duct tape sometimes the sticky sticks to the sticky lol

Comment

Originally posted by vortek View Post
              3M adhesive remover is AWESOME stuff I use it in the shop as well. I took my stickers off after it fell over and removed the glue with a 3M adhesive wheel. You can get them at your local paint supply store and it goes in either a drill or die grinder. Either use a regulator to slow down the pressure or go real slow it won't burn your paint if you take your time.

Listen to this guy. 3M adhesive is the best product for it. i tried wd40, started taking my paint off. tried kerosine, same thing. tried goof off, too harsh on the paint ate the clearcoat off, but im telling you the 3M is the best thing ive ever used for that.
              Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
              Current Bikes:
              1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Working...
              X