X

Sand blasted my fairings yesterday...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, awesome resto on the plastics.

I wish I had a sweet *** down draft paint booth. I have to make do with a window fan and 2 mil plastic stapled to the ceiling of my garage... I lose.

Comment

And here

Got a tweaked piece of plastic? Some roughed up paint? Here's the place to get some tips on repairing your Suzuki Katana.

Comment

Wow awesome, great info thanks guys

Comment

Wow that zip tie weld idea is awsome..i just tried it and it works much better than fiberglass..takes a bit more patients though

Comment

Here are some pics after painting.

This is just the $25/qt auto zone laquor paint that I put down with my HVLP in a non vented garage. NOT FUN!! lol.. Anyway, I used their primer, base, and clear. I only sanded the primer, and I'll have to sand the clear some day. Right now, though, I just want to ride it. After my carb sync I'll be good to go.

The fairings aren't attached (hopefully obvious!), they're just laying on the bike to get an idea of what it'll look like. I just could wait!!

Comment

I like that color . Pretty close to what I want myself .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Looks good !
                sigpic

RIP CP
                50th Anniv R6
                95 Katana 600
                http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/index.php

Comment

Thanks! It was a lot brighter than I thought it would be. It also has a little metallic flake in it and that was a nice surprise. When I first shot the color, I was like, WHOA!! It really popped.

1 qt of each was just barely enough to get the job done. It was also pre-mixed, so I didn't need to buy any reducer.

The first coat of primer didn't lay down well at all and there was a lot of junk in the primer. I think I just got a bad can maybe. It went down much better on the 2nd and 3rd coats. Maybe it was an operator issue... The color and clear laid down really really well. I was pleasantly surprised with that. I also got great coverage with the color. I probably could have got by with just one coat of color it did so well.

If I do it again, I'll get two cans of primer and clear and one can of color. I'd also like to do it in some place that has better ventilation. The old garage paint booth just doesn't cut it.

Comment

I like it. Blue is the best
                    2000 Katana 600
                    2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Working...
                    X