X

DupliColor Clear on tank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DupliColor Clear on tank

So I inadvertently picked up the 2 enamel clears and 2 lacquer clears and went back to Advanced to switch them out. Well Advance was out of the enamel clear so I tried Autozone...out too. Then I went by O'Rielly's and they were out as well. Then I started looking at the shelves hoping the Duplicolor Enamel would be hidden behind some other color in the wrong spot, but nothing. I asked the guy working did they have any more in the back and replied no. So then he said you can use the DupliColor High Heat Engine Enamel clearthe same you would as the other clear. He said it will just resist up to 500 degrees. So, it just so happens that the next piece to clear was the tank. I looked on the back of the can to make sure all of the instructions were the same and then I saw on the can where the Duplicolor High Heat Engine Enamel clear was made to resist GAS and OIL. I remember several people noting that the regular clear would not resist gas so I thought this might be a fair option. Anyway I spayed the entire can on the tank, only about 3-4 coats, and when finish I will give an entire write-up on my experience rattle canning the Katana.
    FROM WORK:
    "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Cool ....
    Will have to remember that, clear coating my bike as we speak ~

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

Let me know how that comes out, lots of pic. I have to repaint my bike!! Doing it rattle can style!!!!
      Riding is like a roll-a-coaster that you control

Comment

Do not use!!!!

DO NOT USE!!!! The high temp enamel clear reacted with the Acrylic Enamel and gave the white tank a yellow haze over my pure white tank. I was so ****ed. DO NOT USE.
        FROM WORK:
        "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Comment

oh...well maybe jsut use the high temp then

Comment

that sucks man, good luck with the fix.
            sigpic

Comment

The engine clear is not resistant to gas... regardless what they say.
              I know many people that have used it because it says its gas resistant but its not.
              that why on the dupli-color site they say to clear with 2 part auto clear on motorcycle tanks... if the engine clear worked they would recommend that instead.
              98 GSX750F
              95 Honda VT600 vlx
              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
              X