X

next project-mesh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• next project-mesh

Hey gang I'm thinking the next project on my bike will be putting some metal mesh into the fairings of my 99 kat. I was thinking of doing a nice silver or chrome figuring it would look real nice with the dark blue of my bike. that or black? I'm open to suggestions for colours.
    Anyways I was wondering if anyone had any good vendors or suppliers for the mesh? any sites I can order it from or stores I can get it at. (mind you I'm in canada) Canadian vendors would be preferred but I'm not picky and will order from the states if I have to
    Thanks!
    1999 Katana 750

Any home hardware store should have what you need. Most people use the metal mesh used to cover house guttering. That's what I used, you may want to take a look b/c my bike is blue also.
    sigpic

Comment

I used the rubbery/vinyly stuff that looks just like gutter mesh but is a lot softer, and spraypainted it chrome.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

okay I'll check out some hardware stores. I can't decide if i wanna go chrome or black though. I think it'll paint a bit of mesh both colours and throw them in to see what looks best actually on the bike.
        Also whats best to mount it on? hot glue? rubber cement?
        1999 Katana 750

Comment

Originally posted by Dfurgi View Post
          okay I'll check out some hardware stores. I can't decide if i wanna go chrome or black though. I think it'll paint a bit of mesh both colours and throw them in to see what looks best actually on the bike.
          Also whats best to mount it on? hot glue? rubber cement?
          I used a putty poxy that comes in a small tube (two of them would do both sides) Make sure you get a high temp one because of the heat. It adhears to the plastic very well and only takes about 10 minutes to cure.
          Shinny side up!

Comment

I used JB Weld the second time around
            The hot glue I used the 1st time melted
            I cought H E Double Hocky Stix getting
            that crap off my my engine covers
            ALWAYS THE REAL!!!!

93ZX11D Candy Wine Red
            Cardon Fiber D&D Full Exhaust,
            Vortex Sprockets 1dwn frnt 2up back
            She looks like Hell but is a True Battle Cat!
            no pun intended
            07ZX10 Special Edition Stock
            09ZX14 in the making Need a lil more$$$1st
            99Kat600 Custom Paint By Kali's AirBrushing, Chrome rims, Chrome GrabBar,Chrome Kickstand, Chrome Heel Gaurds, Braada Cowl,Lowered,Mesh Mod, More mods & Chrome to come

Comment

Check out my garage for pictures of silver mesh on medium blue color. I like it, but my opinion is a little biased. If you can order from McMaster-Carr try there. Lots of variety in the mesh department. (I got mine from Home Depot).
              -2000 "750"

Comment

You've probably already done the mod at this point, this thread is a bit dated, but if I were you I'd go for something other then the chrome look. Seems everyone, myself included, has that color. I'd go for something a bit more wild...

Comment

Working...
                X