X

Finished a couple winter mods

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished a couple winter mods

Well I am a lurker here on the site, but I would just like to share some of the upgrades I have done over the winter thanks to some great write-ups and insperations from you all.

My bike is an 03 600. I bought it a couple of years ago from a kid that needed cash quick, it had sat for a year after he painted it a custom grey/purple color. It wasn't running so I picked it up from him for $3000 with about 5k on the bike. After getting it running the first thing i did was chop the shovel and gut the exhaust. Here is what it looked like last riding season.

So this winter I decided it was time for some more cheap mods. I bought a seat cowl last year but was never able to find a paint that matched the paint that was already on the bike. Rememberthese are cheap mods so I was looking for rattle cans. So after about 3 weeks of prep work on the cowl I decided to paint it black. About a dozen coats of filler primer, some black fusion, and then about 4-5 coats of clear. the cowl came out great but it was the only thing black on the bike. So I decided to paint the tail black after about a week of contemplating it. THe clear didn't take very well, so I'll be re-doing it this winter but should get me throught the riding season.

I went ahead and did a few more mods. I'll just list those
    -Black mesh mod
    -Lowered front end 1 in.
    -Removed rubber boot from mirrors
    -Chopped and painted factor windscreen

Now for some pics.

I still need to detail it before I bring it down to my place. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

Wes
    "W"

Looks good buddy!
    Former Marine 3/97-3/01
    MOS 0161 Semper FI!
    sigpic

Comment

Nice work, looks great
      The supreme happiness of life is the conviction of being loved for yourself, or, more correctly, being loved in spite of yourself.
      http://myspace.com/solsticio
      www.facebook.com/solsticios

Comment

Nice clean looking bike.

Great job.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
        X