X

Front wheel trouble

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front wheel trouble

I recently got a dent in my front rim of my 01 katana and now i have to replace it. I know that most 98-03 kats will work but is there any other wheels that will fit my kat? If anyone knows where I can get a good used wheel from it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
    2001 Kat 600

sigpic

98-02....03-06 are different. SV wheels are the same within the same year ranges as well.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Is the dent so bad that it can't get fixed? Find a wheel shop in your area that can repair wheels.
      Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

well the flat spot is about 3 inches long and my friends and I think that it is a little sketch to try to fix and still ride on
        2001 Kat 600

sigpic

Comment

It just depends...you can check your area and ask around...there is a place here in CA and they do really great work on wheels. The only problem I foresee in buying a used wheel is you still can have a bent or distorted wheel. Even if you can't see it unless you take a Micrometer on it or have a wheel balancer available to you.
          If you think it worth the shipping here is the shop:

We are one of the most sought-after motorcycle frame straightening shops, providing high-quality services for 20 years. Learn more.
          Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

I'll try the shops and see if they could fix it, thanks Jax
            2001 Kat 600

sigpic

Comment

Does a 2000 Kat 750 have the same wheels as a 2001 Kat 600? I'm pretty sure the wheels are the same size but I've been getting mix responses from dealerships. I just want to clarify this before I buy a set wheels.
              2001 Kat 600

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockmetalcore View Post
                Does a 2000 Kat 750 have the same wheels as a 2001 Kat 600? I'm pretty sure the wheels are the same size but I've been getting mix responses from dealerships. I just want to clarify this before I buy a set wheels.
                Yes, same stock wheels.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

thx krey
                  2001 Kat 600

sigpic

Comment

Ive had wheels fixed before, even by a good shop. Its a 50/50 chance if the wheel will come back good. Chip/dent free and beautiful doesnt mean it isnt tweaked.
                    Originally posted by arsenic
                    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Working...
                    X