X

Mesh mod on pre-98s?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesh mod on pre-98s?

Mesh mod on pre-98s? Anyone have them? How difficult was it? Seems like the frame hole on the sides would be a little tight, have to trim the plastic?
    Thanks to KR, everytime I look at my bike, my wallet screams "NOOOOOOOoooooo"

I think the frame might foul the mesh..

As I understand you just glue in on with JB weld..

Comment

the gutter mesh doesnt usually come in wide enough sheets for the pre98's... atleast that I have seen; but maybe I just missed it.

Contractors mesh works well too and also comes in bigger sheets

Comment

ACTUALLY I SAW SOME1 WHO DID IT....DIDNT ASK HIM HOW, BUT IT SAID IT WAS THE SAME GUTTER MESH. SOME HOME DEPOTs CARRY THE WIDER SHEETS IN A BIG ROLL ...
        (((((((RIDE HARD OR GO HOME)))))))

Comment

I've been thinking about it for my 93'. Does anyone have any pictures, I would like to see what it looks like before I start.
          93' 750, I just washed the bugs off, let's go for a ride!

Comment

Couple pics of a pre-98 here

Nick www.naskie18.com Googletalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

Comment

heres a few more

heres a closer shot

i dont have the chain guard anymore, replaced it with this

but everything else is still there
              PAUL
              93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

on the pre's the mesh would look better color matched to the bike. There is also a cover for the large opening through airtech.com, just a thought.
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Hmmm I don't know.. I really like the way it looks on naskie18's

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                    There is also a cover for the large opening through airtech.com, just a thought.
                    I have checked and your link does not work however I found a link to http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/index.html who make body parts for bikes but I can not find the cover you have mentioned. Can you give me a hand to locate this cover as I am interested in it.....Thanks....

Comment

Airtech has the most difficult website to navigate.
                      Drives me crazy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                        Airtech has the most difficult website to navigate.
                        Drives me crazy!!!
                        Oh ya! I was looking for a seat cowl (90 600)and couldn't find it and gave them a call,They said 45 bucks and ten days to make.
                        Masshole in Az! -teaches pet-

Comment

I was also wondering if any did a mesh kit to the front openinig to cover the pipes and oil cooler?

If so any pics?
                          Masshole in Az! -teaches pet-

Comment

In the pic it is the piece just in front of the main fairing. you have to call them
                            TDA Racing/Motorsports
                            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                            Who knows what is next?
                            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                              In the pic it is the piece just in front of the main fairing. you have to call them
                              Does anyone have any photos with this cover installed on the bike?

Comment

Working...
                              X