Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Gsx-r body and engine on 97 katana. Is it possibel?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gsx-r body and engine on 97 katana. Is it possibel?

hi, somebody told me that you can put any suzuki bikes part on another suzuki bike. Is it possible to put 2002 gsxr body and engine onto katana 1997 750cc

Fairings- If you have a butt load of time and fab skills to get it to line up

Engine- It's FI and watercooled, no.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

YEAH EHH that's what i thought so but my couzon kept insisting that u can do it. so you can just put fairings on and that's it how about front light and gas tank and seat?

Comment

Honestly, unless you have a butt load of fab time and experience...do you have experience with welding, fiberglass, etc...it's a MAJOR mod. The mounts aren't even close, and thinking about it, will GSXR fairings even fit over the hump? I don't think it will...if you want a gsxr buy a gsxr, thats your best option.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

lol i was thinking about that before but i love kats and it is a gift too and insurance is cheap on katanas too.to many reasons to love kats. Im only 19 and No experience at all with welding but i took my bike apart todai by myself.

i am getting it repainted with original BMW metallic Silver with sparkles. I see u have a silver bike. Do you think it would look good on katana.
          Last edited by router99; 04-14-2009, 08:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yep, will look real good on the the Kat.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

there are quite a few kats with gsxr plastics, it is do able and a fair amount of work but not as much as some people make it out to be. your biggest challenge will be lining the plastics up with the bolt points u make. as for an engine swap search the forum there are a few people who have swapped the gsx 600 engine with the 1100 engine and etc
              92 GSXF750
              83 nighthawk

Comment

Originally posted by kain101 View Post
                but not as much as some people make it out to be. your biggest challenge will be lining the plastics up with the bolt points u make.
                Have you done it?

Originally posted by kain101
                as for an engine swap search the forum there are a few people who have swapped the gsx 600 engine with the 1100 engine and etc
                Yes, oil cooled gsxr engines work. He asked about a 2002, which is water cooled and fuel injected.

Comment

save yourself the trouble and sell your kat, and buy a gsxr
                  sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
                  k9 GSX-R 600
                  GO VOLS!

Comment

Putting GSXR fairings on a Kat SCREAMS "I have insecurity issues and a need to be accepted by the 'cool kids' " ...... But older GSXR engines CAN fit , provided they're not liquid cooled .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

lol good point but insurance is way cheaper on KATS

Comment

Originally posted by kain101 View Post
                        there are quite a few kats with gsxr plastics, it is do able and a fair amount of work but not as much as some people make it out to be. your biggest challenge will be lining the plastics up with the bolt points u make. as for an engine swap search the forum there are a few people who have swapped the gsx 600 engine with the 1100 engine and etc
                        I'd love to see some pictures.
                        -Steve

sigpic
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by router99 View Post
                          i am getting it repainted with original BMW metallic Silver with sparkles. I see u have a silver bike. Do you think it would look good on katana.
                          Why paint it, you don't like the gold? The 97 was my first kat, shoot you could have my old bike!
                          R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                            Putting GSXR fairings on a Kat SCREAMS "I have insecurity issues and a need to be accepted by the 'cool kids' " ......
                            That was uncalled for Md... What does your duct taped bodywork scream?!?!

Comment

it wasn't gold in first place. It was original silver with orange and black stripes on it. I laid down my bike twice end of march so i need new paint job and work on tank that's why im doing it and im getting a good deal from my buddy's body shop

Comment

Working...
                              X