X

First time body work

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time body work

wuz up, all. After noticing a crack in the front light to right mirror, area of my fairing. I removed the right fairing to check out the crack. Serpriseingly, the fairing was previously repaired. I didn't take pic's of the cracked peice, but i do have pic's of the fairing, after i sanded the area of repair, and put loctite liquid metal filler & sealer on. I know the filler is not what's been refered on this site, so if any1 hav an knowledge of this product being used for repairs, your input would be appreciated. ok here's the pic's, advise welcomed
    Attached Files

its brittle and will break,

use a flexable epoxy like permatex plasic weld
    98 GSX750F
    95 Honda VT600 vlx
    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

back to the begainning

ok u were right. Liquid metal was 2 stiff, it recracked. i'll go with the epoxy for sure now.

Comment

be sure to v or U notch the crack, don't just put it over top.
        its a little more work but when you are done it will be just as strong as new...
        here is a HOW TO on plastic repairs check it out...

Got a tweaked piece of plastic? Some roughed up paint? Here's the place to get some tips on repairing your Suzuki Katana.

i'll post some pics later of the repaired pieces i'm working on
        I have a side cover that fell off a bike and was crushed by a car that I'm restoring...
        Last edited by hardlydangerous; 04-14-2009, 07:20 AM.
        98 GSX750F
        95 Honda VT600 vlx
        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

By the way, please be advised that the Permatex stuff has a wretched smell. I was like Wohhhhhhh!!!! I used on my fairing and windscreen repairs. I am waiting on my left fairing to finish up the bodywork. Started with 80grit for adhesive, then 180 and now going to 320 filler primer and then 400 wetsand and lay paint down. Hardly I am going to follow you and rattle can it with Dupli-Color. Your work truly inspired me.
          FROM WORK:
          "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Comment

first time painting .rattle can special

here is the pic of my paint job. it's the second time i painted this part it rebroke on me when i went down on bike. so the plastic repair is also redone. just the front part has bee painted. i uesd krylon triple-thick crystal clear glaze. 1 coat is equal 2 three coats. also used krylon black gloss paint for plastic.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X