X

DupliColor Chrome paint...on wheels

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DupliColor Chrome paint...on wheels

Hello I was wondering if anybody out there has tried the Duplicolor Chrome paint on their wheel?
    FROM WORK:
    "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Originally posted by redciv1 View Post
    Hello I was wondering if anybody out there has tried the Duplicolor Chrome paint on their wheel?
    i havent personally tried it on wheels... but personally, i dont know if it would holp up well on wheels. prolly end up with ALOT o chipping pretty quicly

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
    "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

Comment

dude it does'look like chrome. it looks more like silver
      sigpic

Comment

just a lil off topic... i actually lived in covington for like 10 years when i was younger

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
        "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

Comment

It seems to depend on how well you prep is the information I have been getting from search material

Ranger it has really changed. Well kinda. Still quiet but really builted up.
          FROM WORK:
          "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Comment

dont do it! had a buddy try and did not last long.

Comment

Yeah I was curious. Oh well, in the process of thinking up a paint scheme now. Have a couple I have to narrow down soon. Just finished sanding with 180 grit and will move to 320 next and then shoot the filler primer. Still waiting on my left side fairing. I really don't feel like going thru the process of taking off the graphics and stickers again...oh well. Hopefully I will be painting by this weekend. Decided to leave the "S" on the tank on both sides.
              FROM WORK:

Comment

Try the ALSA Killer Chrome Spray kit. It's $115 off of their website, but you can save a few bucks getting it off of Ebay. It's a multi-part paint system with a hard clearcoat. If anyone has pictures of this....post 'em.

Comment

I will have to search for that Phil.
                  FROM WORK:

Comment

I haven't heard of it but like everyone is saying, it might work on anything but your wheels - they'll take a beating. But if you do it, post pictures, lol I wanna seeeee

Comment

lol, yeah. Why I have to be the test Kat for this one? Actually, I am still wrestling with bike color. All my gear is Blue/White, so I can up with this kinda simple design but really, it looks a little "soft" to me. LOL, so now thinking about all black either Flat with a couple of coats of Clear or all Flat. This is my first attempt at bodywork and paint so trying to keep everything in reason. Also thought about a bright orange too with black rims.
                      Last edited by redciv1; 04-17-2009, 08:26 AM.
                      FROM WORK:

Comment

Originally posted by redciv1 View Post

lol, yeah. Why I have to be the test Kat for this one? Actually, I am still wrestling with bike color. All my gear is Blue/White, so I can up with this kinda simple design but really, it looks a little "soft" to me. LOL, so now thinking about all black either Flat with a couple of coats of Clear or all Flat. This is my first attempt at bodywork and paint so trying to keep everything in reason. Also thought about a bright orange too with black rims.

lol sorry, I had to nominate someone and since it was your idea it only seemed fair.

Comment

that's cool. I was thinking multiple light coats and then several heavy coats.
                          FROM WORK:

Comment

decals

red- why not replace the "s" on the tank as well?......when your ready for decals, look me up, i can put a package deal together for you of just about anything you'd like

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, beer in one hand, cigarette in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WHO HOO what a ride"

Comment

I used the duplicolor wheel paint on my rims, worked just fine and has held up for many years. I painted mine graphite.

Kan-O-Gixxer!
                              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                              -Ohlins Susupension
                              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                              X