X

removing glue from stickers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing glue from stickers

while I was painting my windscreen my brother decided to help me out and take off my decals for me, since he had taken his off 2 days earlier and did a good job I let him at it and continued on my work. He comes back 2 minutes later and says all done that was easy. Well all he did was take the graphics off the adhesive, so now I'm stuck with a crap load of glue and no decals. I have tried a few things to get it off but at the rate I'm going it will take me months. anyone have any tips to get it off easier.

GOO Gone
    3M also makes a adhesive remover
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
      GOO Gone
      3M also makes a adhesive remover
      [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

Goo Gone is the best... Works well.
        2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
        Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
        "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
        Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
        Veteran of the United States Air Force.
        "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

That's what I have been using, that and a plastic putty knife. It took me about 20 mins to clear a spot about the size or a half dollar. The adhesive is all still intact i think that might be whats making it so hard. He didn't get any of it just the graphic.

Comment

i bought a drill attachment at the parts store, it's like a big round chunk of rubber eraser it takes the goo right off in a couple hours you could do your whole bike.
            ...treat other vehicles as death robots out to kill us.

Comment

Originally posted by idfjvafnv View Post
              That's what I have been using, that and a plastic putty knife. It took me about 20 mins to clear a spot about the size or a half dollar. The adhesive is all still intact i think that might be whats making it so hard. He didn't get any of it just the graphic.

Well then use Goo Gone and a Hair Dryer... Not too close with the heat or the results will be very bad...
              Kind of just wave it back and forth over the small area that you are working at a time.
              Be patient, it took me hours to just get the Warning Decals off.
              2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
              Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
              "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
              Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
              Veteran of the United States Air Force.
              "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Damn well guess it's back to scraping. I might look for that rubber deal but I don't want to chance any damage

Comment

I thought that I would be able to take mine off too but ended up using a hair dryer and sanded the adhesive away. Repainting anyway so not worried.
                  FROM WORK:
                  "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Comment

if you plan on painting it correctly anyway the fastest way I did was brakekleen and a razor blade, making sure to wipe excess off fairly quickly otherwise it will eat the paint.

!!!Warning!!! wont look that good if you don't plan on painting.

Comment

the best way to do it is use a hair dryer to warm up the decal then easily pull off the stickers then goo gone the rest

Comment

with goo gone you have to let it soak in the the sticky stuff for a little bit. I myself used some gauze (spelling?) and waited for about 5 minutes and with a fresh terry cloth It came right up.
                        Shinny side up!

Comment

Have you tried WD40?
                          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                          ------------------------------------------
                          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Just pulled mine all off and I used windex first, then used WD40 and one of those green scrub pads. came right off. I used a heat gun too though to get a major part of the glue off with the decals. All you can do is try it. Hope it works for you
                            R.I.P. CYBERPOET

***WE WILL RIDE TOGETHER AGAIN ONE DAY***

Comment

Guess i just gotta soak and scrub, oh well. I don't know about the scotchbrite though my brother used it at first and kinda scratched my back end. But then again I guess i could just buff the new ones out with those ones. Oh boy I got a long weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X