Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

LED strip over rear wheel how much space.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED strip over rear wheel how much space.

Ive got an LED strip from work, it looks like it used to be a third taillight to something regardless its about 14" long and 1.5 inches tall. I want to mount in somewhere over the rear tire and use it as another brake light to just illuminate the entire rear end when brakes are applied. My question is how much room do I have to play with between the fairing and the tire? Is the susension travel enough to get all the way up there and damage my strip?
    My first bike: 2001 Suzuki GSX-F

no! i just put a led on mine/ and it 1.25"/ 3" theres alot of room. unless your jumping ha ha
    sigpic

Comment

sweet any pics of how you attached it? Im thinking if i cut a slot just big enough to slip this one inch tab through I could easily attach it and seal it wit seam sealer so no moisture can get under the seat where i made the slot.

Comment

thats what i did . then used black rtv. to seal it up. you have about5" of clearence. "with my 205 pound A$# on the seat" so it should be good
        sigpic

Comment

you have tons of room there for a led strip
          It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

I was just making sure because it doesnt bend up in there or anyting its rigid ill try it worse comes to worse it breaks

Comment

You be able to find a straight flat surface to mount on. Be sure you clean up under there, and get some good tape. Just to be safe, I also used small tack screws on my strips.
              This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
              BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

under the tire on the left side of the frame should mount to either side i have 2 strips of lights back there each holding bout 8 leds.
                pveity = 100%

Comment

Well its just one, and its not so much a strip think like a small 89 caddy deville taillight, almost, Ive only got one I was going to try and center it, I will try something I get random parts like that from work all the time so its no biggie if it doesnt work.

Comment

Working...
                  X