X

Krylon Fusion and bondo.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krylon Fusion and bondo.

Just curious as to if the Krylon Fusion bonds to Bondo. I remember reading on a couple of posts that the paint is designed to bond directly to unprepped plastics. So what if I have a repair that has bondo and then primer on top...will the Fusion stick or flake off since it's not contacting plastic directly?
    FROM WORK:
    "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

you'll want to use a primer anyway so you have something to wetsand a bit to make sure you feathered your repair in good enough for it to not be noticed in the final finish. never ever skimp on paint prep; half-assed prep will net half-assed results every time

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Not to mention that paint on a piece that is multi-colored ussually means the paint will show multi-shades of color especially in the sun.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

...but with the Fusion it is recommended to be on bare plastic so if you wetsanded up 400 on the plastic then no primer would be needed.
        FROM WORK:
        "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Comment

Working...
        X