X

Trackwrap?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trackwrap?

Never even heard of this stuff till i read it in a post that one of the members had. Went to their website and it seems OK. Not sure exactly how much you would need to do a full bike and might be expensive.

1992 Suzuki Katana 600

Vinyl wraps have been around forever. As long as your fairings aren't scratched up and you get it on right with no bubbles it should last a long time.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Yeah I am thinking about doing it myself on my front fender, tank, and tail section. I am just worried about the fairings. A lot of curves
      Former Marine 3/97-3/01
      MOS 0161 Semper FI!
      sigpic

Comment

Ya it looks like a pain to do it right
        1992 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Yeah, I guess its cool enough but I assume with the post Kat, you'll have some seams in places you don't want them. A pre might not be as bad.
          -
          -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by kycycles
            i could use it to cover up some rash. i wonder?????
            Any surface imperfections can mess it up. If you sanded down the rash and smoothed it out...now that could work.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I work for a company that does vehicle wraps. The material is 3M Controltac Comply Vinyl. It's printed on a solvent based inkjet printed and laminated with 3M laminate.
              The material is extremely fogiving. If you put down a patch that has a bubble, pull it up again. If it stretches add some heat (from a heat gun) and it returns to it's orignal shape.

It takes practice to install, but the pieces are small (compared to a full side of a car or van). Try not to stretch the material, but lay it down. Anyways there are lots of sties with tips on installing vehicle wraps. Just wanted to add what I knew about the stuff.

Hope that helps.

There is also an Avery vinyl product to compete with 3M, but we found it to not be as good.

Comment

Ive done a few wraps..... not my favorit thing in the world. If the vinyl gets stuck to each other you are done for.... throw it in the trash. A drop of soap in a spray bottle of water helps the squeegie from scratching the vinyl when you smooth it out.... Good luck!
                Originally posted by arsenic
                93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Working...
                X