X

bar end issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bar end issues

so when i bought the bike last year, it had 2 different color bar ends. so i bought a set to put in and when i took the old ones out, i found out that the previous owner somehow tack-welded a nut inside the handlebars on both sides and just screwed the bar end into the nut. any ideas on how to break the welds and get the damn nuts out of there?? i'll attempt to take a pic and post...
    my garage:
    96 Kat 750, stage 1 jet, 4-1 w/ slip-on, led's all around, 10000k HID headlight, 42t rear sprocket
    03 Audi A4...SOLD, 1.8t quattro, APR stage 2, 18's, eyelids, rear lip spoiler, 3" tp, apr sport catback, apr BOV, 380cc injectors, 250hp, 300lb/ft...
    97 Isuzu Rodeo, tint, stereo, tow hitch.. nuff said...

find me on facebook.. [email protected]

I could be wrong, but I think it came that way from the factory...
    02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
    90 GSXR 750/1216
    96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
    87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
    sigpic

Comment

Thats how our bikes come from the factory

Comment

my garage:
        96 Kat 750, stage 1 jet, 4-1 w/ slip-on, led's all around, 10000k HID headlight, 42t rear sprocket
        03 Audi A4...SOLD, 1.8t quattro, APR stage 2, 18's, eyelids, rear lip spoiler, 3" tp, apr sport catback, apr BOV, 380cc injectors, 250hp, 300lb/ft...
        97 Isuzu Rodeo, tint, stereo, tow hitch.. nuff said...

find me on facebook.. [email protected]

Comment

Factory bars have nuts welded in them to secure the bar ends. If you want to use aftermarkets ends with the expanding anchors you'd have to remove the welded in nuts.
          Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
          Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

how would u remove them?

Comment

Personally---- Take your time with a dremel,

Comment

get you a few diferant sizes of drill bits and go to town. thats what i did trust me u cant mess it up it so eazy.

Comment

Is that bar still in good shape?
                  This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                  BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

OK really dumb question. Why don't they just keep the tube hollow so you could just "plug" a bar end without using a screw? You know, just kinda pushing a piece of rubber slightly smaller than the diameter of the hole? I broke a screw off in one of my bar ends from an ebay set. Thinking about using jb weld or something to hold the end on. I just bought new grips so I doubt I will be changing anytime soon.
                    FROM WORK:
                    "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Comment

Originally posted by redciv1 View Post
                      OK really dumb question. Why don't they just keep the tube hollow so you could just "plug" a bar end without using a screw? You know, just kinda pushing a piece of rubber slightly smaller than the diameter of the hole? I broke a screw off in one of my bar ends from an ebay set. Thinking about using jb weld or something to hold the end on. I just bought new grips so I doubt I will be changing anytime soon.
                      How would they be able to sell the bars for 20 bucks unless they made them special.
                      And since we're on the subject, why not just buy 2 one foot lengths of 7/8" tube and make your own bars that you could put whatever ends on?

Comment

Working...
                      X